Date   
Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Ashley,

I'm glad that was just a test and not permanent. I expect I'll start using the FlickType Keyboard after all the dust has settled and it isn't changing every few days. Until then, I prefer typing on something that is known and consistent. But I'm contributing my 99 cents a month to the FlickType Keyboard and much appreciate all the hard work on making it the best accessible keyboard available.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:30 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Daniel,

We removed it as a small test to check whether anyone would notice. Curious, what you prefer in the Classic mode? We've added all the main functionality from the Classic app to the demo tab in the new app, but if we missed something we'd love to hear.

Thanks!
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:


Has flicktype classic been removed from the app store? I'm unable to
see it anymore when performing a search for FlickType.

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Chuck Dean
 

Hello Ashley,

Once in a while I'll use flicktype Classic just to remember the different gestures and the way it operates.

I like to have many tools in case one goes missing.

Chuck

On Sep 11, 2018, at 2:27 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Ashley,

I'm glad that was just a test and not permanent. I expect I'll start using the FlickType Keyboard after all the dust has settled and it isn't changing every few days. Until then, I prefer typing on something that is known and consistent. But I'm contributing my 99 cents a month to the FlickType Keyboard and much appreciate all the hard work on making it the best accessible keyboard available.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:30 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Daniel,

We removed it as a small test to check whether anyone would notice. Curious, what you prefer in the Classic mode? We've added all the main functionality from the Classic app to the demo tab in the new app, but if we missed something we'd love to hear.

Thanks!
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:


Has flicktype classic been removed from the app store? I'm unable to
see it anymore when performing a search for FlickType.




Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

William Stephan
 

Ashley, I seem to be able to type a bit faster with the Classic version. And frankly, I haven't spent as much time on the newer/newest versions as I need to.
The action on the Classic keyboard seems just a tad faster to me than on the Beta version as well. I still have trouble flipping between keyboards in Apps, but I suspect that will get better as I use the Beta more and more.
You all have done an amazing job with this in a fairly short time so congrats.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:30 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Daniel,

We removed it as a small test to check whether anyone would notice. Curious, what you prefer in the Classic mode? We've added all the main functionality from the Classic app to the demo tab in the new app, but if we missed something we'd love to hear.

Thanks!
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:


Has flicktype classic been removed from the app store? I'm unable to see it
anymore when performing a search for FlickType.

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Thank you, all, for the feedback. Though we removed it from the store as a test, once you have it on your device it will remain there. We will likely add it back after we receive feedback on missing features while we add those features. Much of the perceived responsiveness is around the tap feedback on touch down, which you can enable in the new app in the settings. You can also enable copy and clear on exit in the settings, as well as raise to read back. When you have a chance, would super appreciate you trying out the demo tab with the old settings enabled and let us know if anything is missing for you, other than the mentioned former new line gesture which we will look into.

Thanks a bunch!
Ashley

FlickType and IOS Developer Beta

canyonsullivan@...
 

Hello,
I am alwayse running the latest developer beta on my I devices.
Typically third party keyboards do not work for me. Has anyone gotten
Flicktype to work system-wide while running IOS betas?
Thanks

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Ashley,

You are aware that new iPhones are being announced today which more than likely means folks could be getting new devices soon. And since iTunes no longer allows backing up apps to a local computer, the app must be available in the Apps Store in order to show up again on a new device that is restored from a backup. So are you sure someone who uses the Classic app and gets a new device will be able to get the Classic app again?

Alan Lemly

On Sep 12, 2018, at 11:54 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you, all, for the feedback. Though we removed it from the store as a test, once you have it on your device it will remain there. We will likely add it back after we receive feedback on missing features while we add those features. Much of the perceived responsiveness is around the tap feedback on touch down, which you can enable in the new app in the settings. You can also enable copy and clear on exit in the settings, as well as raise to read back. When you have a chance, would super appreciate you trying out the demo tab with the old settings enabled and let us know if anything is missing for you, other than the mentioned former new line gesture which we will look into.

Thanks a bunch!
Ashley


Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

leonard morris
 

Is Flick Type classic limited to how many characters you can input?

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

On Sep 12, 2018, at 12:54 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you, all, for the feedback. Though we removed it from the store as a test, once you have it on your device it will remain there. We will likely add it back after we receive feedback on missing features while we add those features. Much of the perceived responsiveness is around the tap feedback on touch down, which you can enable in the new app in the settings. You can also enable copy and clear on exit in the settings, as well as raise to read back. When you have a chance, would super appreciate you trying out the demo tab with the old settings enabled and let us know if anything is missing for you, other than the mentioned former new line gesture which we will look into.

Thanks a bunch!
Ashley


Re: FlickType and IOS Developer Beta

 

I've been running the iOS 12 Beta ever since the first public beta came ut at the end of June and Flicktype works perfectly well.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Canyon Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:02 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] FlickType and IOS Developer Beta

Hello,
I am alwayse running the latest developer beta on my I devices.
Typically third party keyboards do not work for me. Has anyone gotten
Flicktype to work system-wide while running IOS betas?
Thanks

Re: FlickType and IOS Developer Beta

Tangela M.
 

As have I, but the OP did specify developer beta, which could conceivably be different.

Re: FlickType and IOS Developer Beta

Sean Kelly
 

I’ve been running the dev betas and it works just fine here. Including with today’s GM release.


On Sep 12, 2018, at 21:38, Tangela M. <tangela.m.m@...> wrote:

As have I, but the OP did specify developer beta, which could conceivably be different. 

Re: FlickType and IOS Developer Beta

Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...>
 

I have an Iphone SE 64GB, and Ipad Pro 10.5. The builtin keyboard
opens on the iPhone and iPad. I have reinstalled the app via
Testflight, and enabled full access.Maybe I will wipe all data and
start fresh.

On 9/12/18, Sean Kelly <@smkelly> wrote:
I’ve been running the dev betas and it works just fine here. Including with
today’s GM release.

--
Sean Kelly
http://www.smkelly.org

On Sep 12, 2018, at 21:38, Tangela M. <tangela.m.m@...> wrote:

As have I, but the OP did specify developer beta, which could conceivably
be different.




Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Field, S. (Scott)
 

Hi
I use FlickType classic on my iPad, as it is an iPad 4, which isn't compatible with IOS 11. FlickType classic works well on there, but the last time I tried, FlickType wasn't available for older IOS versions.
Other than that, I think the latest FlickType is brilliant.
Regards





Scott Field

Senior Development Manager | Group Technology | Nedbank Ltd

1st Floor, Clocktower, Cape Town, South Africa
PO Box 1144, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa
T +27 (0)21 412 3174 F +27 (0)21 412 0000 C +27 (0)81 018 9199 @ Scottf@...
Website nedbank.co.za <http://www.nedbank.co.za/>


THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - At Nedbank we are committed to minimising our environmental impact and encourage the preservation of natural capital



On 2018/09/12, 18:55, "hello@flicktype.groups.io on behalf of FlickType" <hello@flicktype.groups.io on behalf of @FlickType> wrote:

Thank you, all, for the feedback. Though we removed it from the store as a test, once you have it on your device it will remain there. We will likely add it back after we receive feedback on missing features while we add those features. Much of the perceived responsiveness is around the tap feedback on touch down, which you can enable in the new app in the settings. You can also enable copy and clear on exit in the settings, as well as raise to read back. When you have a chance, would super appreciate you trying out the demo tab with the old settings enabled and let us know if anything is missing for you, other than the mentioned former new line gesture which we will look into.

Thanks a bunch!
Ashley





********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a link so I can get up to speed?

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Hi Scott,

This is a good point about older devices not being compatible with iOS 11 and newer, thanks for bringing it up. We are considering providing backwards compatibility to older iOS version, as it will likely be easier to manage the one-off engineering cost versus the downside of having two apps on the app store.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Hi Leonard,

No, there shouldn't be any limit on the number of characters being input with FlickType Classic.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

Hi, I got my new iPhone 8 today, and my Flicktype Classic beta version, is no longer there, in test flight, and i can't get it from the cloud.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: FlickType
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:05 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a link so I can get up to speed?

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Ashley,

I can only comment on my own personal experience when purchasing a new iPhone a little less than a month ago and restoring my backup to it. I had an app named Snippets that I used regularly to transfer text between computer and iPhone. However, Snippets was no longer in the Apps Store when I restored my backup to my new iPhone and therefore, it was no longer on my iPhone after the restore. I'm pretty sure apps are not included in what is backed up to either iCloud or a local computer so I'm not sure how their being tied to a particular Apple ID enters into the restoration. If the app isn't available in the Apps Store when one does their restore, there is no source from which to restore it. So, it seems your removing FlickType Classic from the Apps Store makes it no longer available to anyone restoring a backup to a new device.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a link so I can get up to speed?

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

JP Shandra
 

Hello,
This is definitely a new thing from Apple. Where it must be in the app store. If you have it on another device, automatic download might be an option to get back on the new phone.
JP

On Sep 14, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Ashley,

I can only comment on my own personal experience when purchasing a new iPhone a little less than a month ago and restoring my backup to it. I had an app named Snippets that I used regularly to transfer text between computer and iPhone. However, Snippets was no longer in the Apps Store when I restored my backup to my new iPhone and therefore, it was no longer on my iPhone after the restore. I'm pretty sure apps are not included in what is backed up to either iCloud or a local computer so I'm not sure how their being tied to a particular Apple ID enters into the restoration. If the app isn't available in the Apps Store when one does their restore, there is no source from which to restore it. So, it seems your removing FlickType Classic from the Apps Store makes it no longer available to anyone restoring a backup to a new device.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a link so I can get up to speed?

Thanks!
Ashley





Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

Hi Alan, you are correct.

I restored my new iPhone 8 today, and Flicktype Classic, is no longer there.

If it is not in the app store, then it can't get it.

I also had the beta version of Flicktype Classic, and that is no longer in the testflight app.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Lemly
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:07 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Ashley,

I can only comment on my own personal experience when purchasing a new iPhone a little less than a month ago and restoring my backup to it. I had an app named Snippets that I used regularly to transfer text between computer and iPhone. However, Snippets was no longer in the Apps Store when I restored my backup to my new iPhone and therefore, it was no longer on my iPhone after the restore. I'm pretty sure apps are not included in what is backed up to either iCloud or a local computer so I'm not sure how their being tied to a particular Apple ID enters into the restoration. If the app isn't available in the Apps Store when one does their restore, there is no source from which to restore it. So, it seems your removing FlickType Classic from the Apps Store makes it no longer available to anyone restoring a backup to a new device.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a link so I can get up to speed?

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

JP,

Actually, the removal of apps from iTunes backups was introduced with iTunes
12.7 which was released last September so it's been about a year that this
was the case.

I'm not following your comment that having an app on another device with
automatic download might enable you to get it to a new iPhone. As far as I'm
aware, there is no device-to-device transfer of apps in the iOS world. If
the app isn't in the Apps Store, it isn't getting on a new device.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of JP Shandra
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 4:17 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app
store?

Hello,
This is definitely a new thing from Apple. Where it must be in the app
store. If you have it on another device, automatic download might be an
option to get back on the new phone.
JP

On Sep 14, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Ashley,

I can only comment on my own personal experience when purchasing a new
iPhone a little less than a month ago and restoring my backup to it. I had
an app named Snippets that I used regularly to transfer text between
computer and iPhone. However, Snippets was no longer in the Apps Store when
I restored my backup to my new iPhone and therefore, it was no longer on my
iPhone after the restore. I'm pretty sure apps are not included in what is
backed up to either iCloud or a local computer so I'm not sure how their
being tied to a particular Apple ID enters into the restoration. If the app
isn't available in the Apps Store when one does their restore, there is no
source from which to restore it. So, it seems your removing FlickType
Classic from the Apps Store makes it no longer available to anyone restoring
a backup to a new device.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On
Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app
store?

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is
restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be
restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a
link so I can get up to speed?


Thanks!
Ashley