Date   
Re: Do you ever disable VoiceOver? #poll

William Stephan
 

The only time I would ever disable VO would be if a sighted person were doing something with my phone.  I sometimes turn off speech, as in when I’m readingwith a voiced app  or listening to music and don’t want to hear notifications, but VO is of course still enabled.

 

 

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:36 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Do you ever disable VoiceOver? #poll

 

A new poll has been created:

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

1. Sometimes
2. Never
3. Only when I need to restart it

Vote Now

Flicktype and the Uber app.

Christopher Sims <cjsims@...>
 

Hi.

Firstly, I love your app, and Use it all the time. Making you aware that it would appear as if there is a likely issue with the Uber chat part of the app. While your keyboard is working to compose the message to my uber driver, the issue comes when I dismiss the keyboard. I'm unable to locate the send button using voiceover. This happens no matter if I am exploring by touch or flicking. I am able to locate it if I go back to the standard keyboard then the send button appears. Please could you try and see if you are able to reproduce this? I look forward to this being fixed.
Kind regards, Christopher Sims
phone M: 0418558275, Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/csims1

Request for App Store reviews

 

Dear FlickType friends,

App Store reviews go a really long way in helping small developers of apps like ours. Please help your favorite keyboard by taking just 3 minutes of your time to write a short review with your honest opinion about FlickType. You can use the following link from your iOS device to go there directly: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1359485719?action=write-review

If you have already reviewed FlickType, you can still help us by spreading the word and telling your friends about it.

Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it! ☺️

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Re: Flicktype and the Uber app.

 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting and sorry you're having an issue! What version of FlickType are you using? And which version of iOS are you using?

Thanks,
Ashley

FlickType introductions to schools, organizations, or similar

 

Hi FlickType Friends,

We’re preparing to reach out to schools and other organizations in order to reach a larger audience. For products like FlickType, the keyboard has the potential of getting better at an expedited rate the more people we can reach. If you happen to work with a school or organization, or maybe you know someone that does, we’d super appreciate your help.

Happy FlickTyping!
Ashley and Kosta

Re: Sign in required with latest update from the app store

Daniel McGee
 

Hi Ashley, this is reassuring to know. Eventually got fed up with the sign in prompt, so went ahead and signed in and problem went away. ☺️

On 12 Aug 2018, at 15:48, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

All I've found online are old articles about the problem. The typical instructions were available, restart your device and if it's still happening, sign out of the App Store and sign back in. You can do this in settings, click your name at the top of the list, iTunes and App Store, click your Apple ID and sign out. If this doesn't work they recommend you try to change your password. I want to clarify based on your last message when you get the standard Apple ID sign-in form, this is not the app asking for your Apple ID sign in, this is coming directly from Apple.

Good luck!
Ashley


Re: Please cancel my monthly subscription?

Daniel McGee
 

Hi Juanita, did you managed to cancel your subscription? Has any beta or updates to the app improved your problem?

Regards

Daniel

On 12 Aug 2018, at 15:35, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Juanita,

You may cancel your subscription at any time, as this is something that Apple gives you full control over. You go to settings, tap your Apple Id at the top of the page, iTunes and App Store, tap your Apple ID and click view, scroll down to subscriptions to manage any subscriptions you buy from the App Store.

Thanks!
Ashley


Duplicated messages to the chat list

Daniel McGee
 

Hi all

Apparently I haven't been getting duplicated messages on the beta list of FlickType. However, can anyone tell me if you are getting more than one message on the FlickType chat list?

An noticing that when I am responding to a message to the FlickType chat list, am seeing two copies of my reply and wondered if others have seen this from me or are having the same issue yourself.

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Duplicated messages to the chat list

Jessica D
 

Hi


Yes, I am seeing this issue. I hope they fix it.

On Aug 20, 2018, at 5:34 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:


Hi all

Apparently I haven't been getting duplicated messages on the beta list of FlickType. However, can anyone tell me if you are getting more than one message on the FlickType chat list?

An noticing that when I am responding to a message to the FlickType chat list, am seeing two copies of my reply and wondered if others have seen this from me or are having the same issue yourself.

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Duplicated messages to the chat list

aldrien lim
 

Hello, same here with 2 copy of messages.

On 8/21/2018 5:34 AM, Daniel McGee wrote:
Hi all

Apparently I haven't been getting duplicated messages on the beta list of FlickType. However, can anyone tell me if you are getting more than one message on the FlickType chat list?

An noticing that when I am responding to a message to the FlickType chat list, am seeing two copies of my reply and wondered if others have seen this from me or are having the same issue yourself.

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Duplicated messages to the chat list

Alex Stone
 

I’m not experiencing this at all.

On 21 Aug 2018, at 19:28, aldrien lim <aldrienlim@...> wrote:

Hello, same here with 2 copy of messages.


On 8/21/2018 5:34 AM, Daniel McGee wrote:
Hi all

Apparently I haven't been getting duplicated messages on the beta list of FlickType. However, can anyone tell me if you are getting more than one message on the FlickType chat list?

An noticing that when I am responding to a message to the FlickType chat list, am seeing two copies of my reply and wondered if others have seen this from me or are having the same issue yourself.

Thanks

Daniel



Moving line by line

Ken Clarkg
 

When using three finger swipe in FlickType for editing it don't move to the next line ,
It gets to the end of the line I'm on and says end of mine and doesn't go to the next line . Does anyone else have this problem ? Or what I'm doing wrong?
🦇man and Ken

Re: Moving line by line

Jessica D
 

Hi

Yes

Sen.t, I'm using an iPhone x with ios 11.4.1. Also, rather then saying the first punctuation mark in the list, one of the following situations will occur:
1. VO says "space" rather than anouncing the first punctuation mark
2. flicktype will crash, when entering a space, sending me back to the ios keyboard.

what can I do?

both are occuring as of the latest flicktype beta. my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2018, at 7:55 PM, Ken Cl.arkg <khclark1@solarusen using three finger swipe in FlickType for editing it don't move to the next line ,
It gets to the end of the line I'm on and says end of mine and doesn't go to the next line . Does anyone else have this problem ? Or what I'm doing wrong?
🦇man and Ken


Re: Moving line by line

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>
 

This is a known problem and is caused by the way apple implements 3rd party keyboard. Unfortunately, the flicktype devs have said there is little they can do. However the new half screen flicktype does enable you to move line by line on the rotor, though it can be difficult not to hit flicktype keys by mistake when invoking the rotor.

How do you subscribe to the beta group list

Ken Clarkg
 

Issue with the app.

Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...>
 

Hello, I'm using the app store version of the app. When I switch or dismiss the FlickType keyboard I get thrown into the control center. I've canceled my subscription until this issue is corrected since I can't use the app as an all access keyboard with this problem.

Re: Issue with the app.

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
Usually this problem is caused from the flick up and hold gesture being starter too close to the bottom of the screen. If you start the gesture at least one inch above the bottom of the iPhone you will not engage the control panel.


I hope this helps,
Chuck

On Aug 23, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...> wrote:

Hello, I'm using the app store version of the app. When I switch or dismiss the FlickType keyboard I get thrown into the control center. I've canceled my subscription until this issue is corrected since I can't use the app as an all access keyboard with this problem.


Re: Issue with the app.

Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...>
 

I usually use the dismiss or next keyboard buttons since I like that way better.

On Aug 23, 2018, at 12:47 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hello,
Usually this problem is caused from the flick up and hold gesture being starter too close to the bottom of the screen. If you start the gesture at least one inch above the bottom of the iPhone you will not engage the control panel.


I hope this helps,
Chuck

On Aug 23, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...> wrote:

Hello, I'm using the app store version of the app. When I switch or dismiss the FlickType keyboard I get thrown into the control center. I've canceled my subscription until this issue is corrected since I can't use the app as an all access keyboard with this problem.



Re: Issue with the app.

Chuck Dean
 

Sorry,
I misunderstood.
I have never heard of this problem.
What iPhone and iOS version are you using?
Thank you,
Chuck

On Aug 23, 2018, at 9:51 AM, Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...> wrote:

I usually use the dismiss or next keyboard buttons since I like that way better.

On Aug 23, 2018, at 12:47 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hello,
Usually this problem is caused from the flick up and hold gesture being starter too close to the bottom of the screen. If you start the gesture at least one inch above the bottom of the iPhone you will not engage the control panel.


I hope this helps,
Chuck

On Aug 23, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...> wrote:

Hello, I'm using the app store version of the app. When I switch or dismiss the FlickType keyboard I get thrown into the control center. I've canceled my subscription until this issue is corrected since I can't use the app as an all access keyboard with this problem.




Re: Issue with the app.

Chuck Dean
 

Hello again
Something I should mention, there is an iOS gesture, a flick up from the bottom of the phone, that will engage the control panel.
If you are searching for the dismiss keyboard, or change keyboard, buttons from the bottom of the phone, you may be accidentally engaging this gesture.
If this is the case, try searching for the buttons, from above, and moving down.
I hope this helps, Chuck

On Aug 23, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Richard McKinley <mcfurbie@...> wrote:

Hello, I'm using the app store version of the app. When I switch or dismiss the FlickType keyboard I get thrown into the control center. I've canceled my subscription until this issue is corrected since I can't use the app as an all access keyboard with this problem.