Date   
Very impressed with your keyboard!

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>
 

Gerardo here from Mexico; also on the Betatesting team of your keyboard; it's very amazing! Several of my Spanish-speaking blind friends are also on the Beta testing team (I recommended them to you) and one of them mentioned the possibility of someday seeing the keyboard as part of the iPhone's keyboards? Wow that'll be amazing! So keep up the great work! and also let us know when the keyboard is available on the App Store, so I can record a Spanish podcast on it, to promote it among the blind here?

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Re: FlickType.

Daniel McGee
 

Hello everyone

I just wanted to announce my presence on the list as well. The moment I saw on twitter that FlickType had created a mailing list, I said to myself: I have to subscribe to this list right away!

I'm a big fan of what was formally called Fleksy, now renamed to FlickType and look forward to contributing to this amazing keyboard.

Where I can.

To say how loyal I am, I even used Fleksy even when it became less accessible because for me, the benefit of typing with the former keyboard, far out wade the speed of how fast I could send a text, email etc. Rather than using the stock keyboard on ios.

Kind regards to all

Daniel

On 5 Apr 2018, at 07:06, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Coster,
I thought I was the first post. Smile
Nevertheless I just wanted to congratulate you on bringing back flick type, formally Flexi.
Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

George Cham





‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26



Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
________________________________
From: flicktype@groups.io <flicktype@groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <@FlickType>
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:54:36 PM
To: flicktype@groups.io
Subject: Re: [flicktype] FlickType.

Maria, thank you for the kind words and the first ever post on this group!

We plan to utilize this group heavily and engage with our users and the broader community in order to create a useful and enduring product.

I did want to take the opportunity and clarify that everyone is welcome to talk publicly on social media and the like about their experience with FlickType so far, as we had a few inquiries from users if it was ok to do so. The beta is by no means confidential, and we have plenty of slots left for your friends to join as well.

More to come soon.

Warmly,
Kosta







Work your custom dictionary

 

Hi List,



I know I'm preaching to the choir here but just want to urge everyone to
develop or maintain the good habit of adding words to your FlickType custom
dictionary. Since we all know that a complete dictionary drives the success
of FlickType's predictive engine, I apologize for stating the obvious. But
if you ever are manually typing a word or name to input it because it wasn't
in FlickType's dictionary, add that extra step of a single finger swipe up
after the word is announced to add it to your dictionary. You'll be glad you
did.



I'm assuming that anything we add to our dictionaries during this beta phase
will be able to be ported over when FlickType officially drops.



I expect y'all are enjoying the increased typing productivity you're
experiencing since FlickType arrived. I know that I surely am.



Alan Lemly

Re: Work your custom dictionary

Daniel McGee
 

Hi Alan, you bet! Why talking of dictionary, I have just shortened my sisters full name into a three letter word. Its very effected isn't it! :)

Daniel

On 5 Apr 2018, at 15:43, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Hi List,



I know I'm preaching to the choir here but just want to urge everyone to
develop or maintain the good habit of adding words to your FlickType custom
dictionary. Since we all know that a complete dictionary drives the success
of FlickType's predictive engine, I apologize for stating the obvious. But
if you ever are manually typing a word or name to input it because it wasn't
in FlickType's dictionary, add that extra step of a single finger swipe up
after the word is announced to add it to your dictionary. You'll be glad you
did.



I'm assuming that anything we add to our dictionaries during this beta phase
will be able to be ported over when FlickType officially drops.



I expect y'all are enjoying the increased typing productivity you're
experiencing since FlickType arrived. I know that I surely am.



Alan Lemly



Re: Work your custom dictionary

Daniel McGee
 

I suppose one could always export there dictionary to a mail message. Then import it from the mail message when the App Store release version of FlickType becomes available.

What do you all think about this idea? At least, you can retain a backup this way. Lol

On 5 Apr 2018, at 16:05, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi Alan, you bet! Why talking of dictionary, I have just shortened my sisters full name into a three letter word. Its very effected isn't it! :)

Daniel

On 5 Apr 2018, at 15:43, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Hi List,



I know I'm preaching to the choir here but just want to urge everyone to
develop or maintain the good habit of adding words to your FlickType custom
dictionary. Since we all know that a complete dictionary drives the success
of FlickType's predictive engine, I apologize for stating the obvious. But
if you ever are manually typing a word or name to input it because it wasn't
in FlickType's dictionary, add that extra step of a single finger swipe up
after the word is announced to add it to your dictionary. You'll be glad you
did.



I'm assuming that anything we add to our dictionaries during this beta phase
will be able to be ported over when FlickType officially drops.



I expect y'all are enjoying the increased typing productivity you're
experiencing since FlickType arrived. I know that I surely am.



Alan Lemly




Re: FlickType.

Christy S
 

I really appreciate that you've not only brought this back, but brought it back in a manner that's designed to be accessible with voiceover from the start. Not many developers do this, so it's great to see!


Looking forward to playing with it more. Btw, is there any idea of what the cost might be when it's released on the app store?


Christy

On 4/5/2018 12:54 AM, FlickType wrote:
Maria, thank you for the kind words and the first ever post on this group!

We plan to utilize this group heavily and engage with our users and the broader community in order to create a useful and enduring product.

I did want to take the opportunity and clarify that everyone is welcome to talk publicly on social media and the like about their experience with FlickType so far, as we had a few inquiries from users if it was ok to do so. The beta is by no means confidential, and we have plenty of slots left for your friends to join as well.

More to come soon.

Warmly,
Kosta



Re: Work your custom dictionary

 

Thank you all. We are also planning a big revamp of how you manage your dictionary, to make it much, much easier than it currently is.
-Kosta

Re: Very impressed with your keyboard!

 

Thank you Gerardo!

We are planning to launch the current, standalone app some time this month, and the system-wide keyboard as soon as possible after that.

We will definitely make an announcement here when it’s on the App Store.

- Kosta

Re: Work your custom dictionary

jeffthompson@blindabilities.com <JeffThompson@...>
 

Hi every one.
I am enjoying the correspondence going on hear and loving the app and it’s potential.
Great job team!
Jeff Thompson
Blind Abilities

On Apr 5, 2018, at 11:19 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you all. We are also planning a big revamp of how you manage your dictionary, to make it much, much easier than it currently is.
-Kosta

Re: Very impressed with your keyboard!

Trenton Matthews
 

Greetings everyone!

This message, was typed entirely using FlickType on an I touch six.

Honestly, I am truly enjoying how well I can type like this on a four inch screen.

Thanks for letting me be apart of this wonderful experience!

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________
From: flicktype@groups.io <flicktype@groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <@FlickType>
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 10:21:35 AM
To: flicktype@groups.io
Subject: Re: [flicktype] Very impressed with your keyboard!

Thank you Gerardo!

We are planning to launch the current, standalone app some time this month, and the system-wide keyboard as soon as possible after that.

We will definitely make an announcement here when it’s on the App Store.

- Kosta

Re: Work your custom dictionary

 

Thank you Jeff, and thank you for the opportunity to be on your podcast!

- Kosta

Re: Very impressed with your keyboard!

 

Kosta,

I expect you'll give us some guidance or FlickType itself will on how to port over any custom dictionary entries we've created while using the beta? I know you mentioned some dictionary changes but other than the export process, I can't imagine what you could do to make the dictionary any easier to use, at least not with respect to adding new entries to it.

I also hope that the system wide keyboard effort doesn't torpedo the existing app as I seem to recall it did during the Fleksy days. It just seemed to me that the Fleksy keyboard never was nearly as easy to use as Fleksy VO which I suspect had to do with some Apple requirements as well as the presence of the spacebar. I can't imagine any presentation that differs from the current FlickType standalone app keyboard being any easier on which to generate input. But I'm certainly open to being surprised and impressed.

Thanks again for bringing this back and all the best in your efforts.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: flicktype@groups.io [mailto:flicktype@groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2018 11:22 AM
To: flicktype@groups.io
Subject: Re: [flicktype] Very impressed with your keyboard!

Thank you Gerardo!

We are planning to launch the current, standalone app some time this month, and the system-wide keyboard as soon as possible after that.

We will definitely make an announcement here when it s on the App Store.

- Kosta

TestFlight process and issues

 
Edited

Hi all,

As the demand for the beta is increasing, so are the support requests relating to issues with installing the beta for the first time through TestFlight.

Perhaps the most common issue is that it is not so obvious that you need to use the "Start testing" link in the initial email you get.

Anyone who had any trouble installing the beta from TestFlight, if you did manage to complete the process successfully in the end, could you please share any tips that might be helpful for other folks? Eventually, we'd like to take those and compile them into a permanent page here in the Wiki as well as other places, in order to ensure the onboarding process for the beta is as smooth as can be.

Thank you!
- Kosta

Typing with flicktype

George Cham
 

After using FlickType on I pad, and I phone for over a week, I'm finding typing on I phone much faster than I pad.

Kind regards,

George Cham





‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26



Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS

Re: TestFlight process and issues

Brandon Cross
 

It's pretty straightforward, you get the Test Flight app from the app
store, go through its first time setup. You then apply for beta testing
with whatever projects you wish via the means they've asked you to do so.
Once you get an email from a project you've applied to test, there's a
button in there, click the button, it goes right to Test Flight and you're
good to go, hit download for the first time and that's it.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: My apologies. The link in the email displays as "View in
TestFlight", but VoiceOver announces it as "Start testing". That was
totally unexpected.]

Hi all,

As the demand for the beta is increasing, so are the support requests
relating to issues with installing the beta for the first time through
TestFlight.

Perhaps the most common issue is that it is not so obvious that you need
to use the "Start testing" link in the initial email you get.

Anyone who had any trouble installing the beta from TestFlight, if you did
manage to complete the process successfully in the end, could you please
share any tips that might be helpful for other folks? Eventually, we'd like
to take those and compile them into a permanent page here in the Wiki as
well as other places, in order to ensure the onboarding process for the
beta is as smooth as can be.

Thank you!
- Kosta



intro and thoughts

Beth
 

Hi, all.
MY name is Beth Taurasi, and I've recently begun playing with the flicktype
keyboard. I'd like to thank the devs for creating this group because you
could get lots of suggestions and feedback for making your app better.
Secondly, I'd like to say that I for the most part like flicktype, and want
to play with it more. I honestly would love to see improvements though on
the way it handles notifications, like when Trenton, who happens to live
with me and test it on his iPod touch, sees notifications, the app goes
bonkers. Translation? It crashes or closes or something weird. That's all I
have to say. Other than that, I sent a text using flicktype to a friend,
and he was amazed.
Beth

Re: intro and thoughts

 

Thank you Beth!

The notification issue sounds really annoying and we'd love to fix it. What device are you using? And does it happen every single time a notification arrives while you are using FlickType?

- Kosta

Copy and clear on exit setting

 

Hello List,



Others might already be using the copy and clear on exit setting in
FlickType but I wanted to recommend doing so for those who might not be.
Kosta was kind enough to explain it to me in a beta support email exchange
and I'm finding it very convenient.



With this setting turned on, there is no need to return to the FlickType
menu when you've finished typing with it. You simply go to the app where you
want to paste your input and select paste when you're in the applicable text
box. I use FlickType mostly for texting so I have my messages app running in
the App Switcher and when I move to it and single finger double tap and hold
in the text box, a paste button pops up that when double tapped will insert
the FlickType text. When I return to FlickType in my App Switcher, it is
clear and ready for more typing. So, this setting automatically does what
the copy and clear menu item does when going to it from FlickType with a 2
finger swipe up.



I just find this setting very handy and wanted to share with those who might
not be aware of how it works.



Happy FlickTyping.



Alan Lemly

Re: Copy and clear on exit setting

Daniel McGee
 

I'm wondering if this could help for those who use the iPhone 10 
Would the following work. 
1 type your text in the FlickType app. 
2 swipe up with two fingers to get to the menu. 
3 finally, swipe with four fingers to another app and then try to paste your text in the app you desire. 


_____________________________
From: Alan Lemly <@walemly>
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 3:43 pm
Subject: [flicktype] Copy and clear on exit setting
To: <flicktype@groups.io>


Hello List,



Others might already be using the copy and clear on exit setting in
FlickType but I wanted to recommend doing so for those who might not be.
Kosta was kind enough to explain it to me in a beta support email exchange
and I'm finding it very convenient.



With this setting turned on, there is no need to return to the FlickType
menu when you've finished typing with it. You simply go to the app where you
want to paste your input and select paste when you're in the applicable text
box. I use FlickType mostly for texting so I have my messages app running in
the App Switcher and when I move to it and single finger double tap and hold
in the text box, a paste button pops up that when double tapped will insert
the FlickType text. When I return to FlickType in my App Switcher, it is
clear and ready for more typing. So, this setting automatically does what
the copy and clear menu item does when going to it from FlickType with a 2
finger swipe up.



I just find this setting very handy and wanted to share with those who might
not be aware of how it works.



Happy FlickTyping.



Alan Lemly

Re: intro and thoughts

Beth
 

Hey Costa,
I use an iPhone SE. Trenton notices it too on his iPod Touch. I don’t know
if it’s apple or what, but you’re supposed to be able to clear. iOS 11.3
btw is both of our operating systems.
Beth

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:29 AM FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Beth!

The notification issue sounds really annoying and we'd love to fix it.
What device are you using? And does it happen every single time a
notification arrives while you are using FlickType?

- Kosta