Date   
Shift and capslock

Jessica D
 

Hi,
I'm trying to login to something on my restored iphone.

How can I activate and use the shift and caslock functions of flicktype?

Thanks,
Jessica

Re: Shift and capslock

Chuck Dean
 

Hi Jessica,
I’m sorry, but there is no caps lock on FlickType keyboard. I would suggest that you switch to the iOS keyboard to enter things went at caps lock is necessary.
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 10:56 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to login to something on my restored iphone.

How can I activate and use the shift and caslock functions of flicktype?

Thanks,
Jessica

Re: System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

Jean-Philippe Rykiel
 

Hello there.
I just purchased Flicktype keyboard. Looks great. All I need now is French language.
Best regards from Paris France,
JPR

Re: 3 finger single tap

Morzorak@...
 

I have tried several times and can’t seem to get it to work. I have tried after swiping right to complete a word, and in the middle of one. No luck either way. Also doesn’t seem to matter where on the screen I 3 finger hold.I just get the standard message of ‘’center of screen, and then the context help message.

Paying for custom keyboard?

Jessica D
 

Hi,
I just opened FlickType and went to the upgrade tab.

I see that when it’s released, FlickType will require a monthly $0.99 subscription.

I don’t understand why this is.
Can you please explain why you feel this is necessary, & consider making it a 1-time purchase?

A lot of us, myself included, have limited funding available, and can only use iTunes cards to purchase items from the App Store and iTunes.
When paying for a subscription, that funding disappears very quickly.

Thanks for your understanding,
Jessica

Re: Paying for custom keyboard?

Chuck Dean
 

From the developer:

As we have a developing product that we will be making considerable updates
and improvements to, coupled with a small market, an ongoing subscription
model is the best way to ensure that the project is sustainable and will be
around for a long time. This, as well as the fact that we want to ensure
everyone is paying for what they’re using and not paying a one time
purchase for a product that they don't use a year or two down the road, we
feel that a subscription is best for everyone. That being said, things are
not set in stone as we are going to be fluid and adaptable to the
circumstances.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,
Ashley


Chuck
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe <http://www.cadean.com/> Our 1961 Vespa 400
<http://cadean.com/Vespa.html>

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 6:41 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just opened FlickType and went to the upgrade tab.

I see that when it’s released, FlickType will require a monthly $0.99
subscription.

I don’t understand why this is.
Can you please explain why you feel this is necessary, & consider making
it a 1-time purchase?

A lot of us, myself included, have limited funding available, and can only
use iTunes cards to purchase items from the App Store and iTunes.
When paying for a subscription, that funding disappears very quickly.

Thanks for your understanding,
Jessica



Re: Paying for custom keyboard?

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
When Fleksy first came out I paid nineteen dollars and ninety nine cents as a one time purchase price. Unfortunately, even this high purchase price did not generate enough revenue to sustain the app, so they released it to the general public.
In order to please the masses the developers had to make Fleksy appear more like a qwerty keyboard, which made Fleksy almost impossible for the visually impaired to operate.

As you can see, a one time purchase price will have to be very expensive to fund ongoing improvements, maintenance and other languages.

Ninety nine cents a month is surely affordable for anyone who owns an iPhone and will generate a steady revenue flow, so FlickType will not end up in the scrap heap like Fleksy.

Chuck

PS. Three and a half cents a day seems like a steal for a handful of magic. 😎

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:19 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

From the developer:

As we have a developing product that we will be making considerable updates
and improvements to, coupled with a small market, an ongoing subscription
model is the best way to ensure that the project is sustainable and will be
around for a long time. This, as well as the fact that we want to ensure
everyone is paying for what they’re using and not paying a one time
purchase for a product that they don't use a year or two down the road, we
feel that a subscription is best for everyone. That being said, things are
not set in stone as we are going to be fluid and adaptable to the
circumstances.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,
Ashley


Chuck
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe <http://www.cadean.com/> Our 1961 Vespa 400
<http://cadean.com/Vespa.html>




On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 6:41 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just opened FlickType and went to the upgrade tab.

I see that when it’s released, FlickType will require a monthly $0.99
subscription.

I don’t understand why this is.
Can you please explain why you feel this is necessary, & consider making
it a 1-time purchase?

A lot of us, myself included, have limited funding available, and can only
use iTunes cards to purchase items from the App Store and iTunes.
When paying for a subscription, that funding disappears very quickly.

Thanks for your understanding,
Jessica




2 major queries about the modern app

Abdullah Zafar <abdullah@...>
 

Hello there. This abdullah here. I recently discover this keyboard and liked it so much, therefore want to use as my default keyboard. But i am facing the following 2 problem while getting started. Keep in mind while reading below that i am a voiceover user on iOS.

1. I have enabled the keyboard along with full access. Now, whenever i open the keyboard in any app such as messages, it said “not subscribed”. It repeats the same phrase again and again when i touch the keyboard or perform any gesture. Why is it? Note: when i open the keyboard app and switch to the “demo” tab, then it doesn’t say like this. But in all other apps, it kept repeating the same sentences. Note number2: the internet connection is always active on my phone.
2. I prefer to type in single tapp mode “direct touch typing”. But in this keyboard, when i tap on a character lightly, it inserts the character but doesn’t speak the inserted character. Even the option “echo character” is turned on in app settings. Why is it? How to fix?

Re: 2 major queries about the modern app

 

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you very much for downloading! Sounds like you have not yet upgraded to the custom keyboard, you can start your 7 day trial in the upgrade tab and then you will be able to use the keyboard in all apps. For FlickType, you do not need to wait to hear the feedback from each specific letter, you can lightly tap where you think each letter in the word is, flick right and then FlickType will give you a list of words, which you can flick down to scroll through. The keyboard does not work how typical keyboards have worked in the past, instead, it is pattern based and does not offer a word until all the letters in the pattern have been entered. If this feels like a big leap of faith, you can tap and hold the screen to navigate the keys until you feel comfortable, but I suggest you give the word hello a try as it does come quite natural to most people.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!
Ashley

Invisible text

Julian
 

Hello,

While I personally have yet to experience this issue, I've been informed by 2 people I know that sometimes when they use FlickType to write text messages or email, that they've been told by the recipient that the body of the message appears to be blank. When the sender goes back to review their message, there appears to be a bunch of blank spaces. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Sent from my iPhone

Re: Invisible text

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
I personally have not had this problem, however I have noticed some emails coming from the beta group that had no text.
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:32 PM, Julian <mrc1818@...> wrote:



Hello,

While I personally have yet to experience this issue, I've been informed by 2 people I know that sometimes when they use FlickType to write text messages or email, that they've been told by the recipient that the body of the message appears to be blank. When the sender goes back to review their message, there appears to be a bunch of blank spaces. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Sent from my iPhone


Punctuation and return key suggestion

Jean-Philippe Rykiel
 

Hello Flicktype team.
I don't know if many users are like me, but I find myself using the comma more frequently than the period even when typing a short message. I was wondering if Flicktype could have an option to make comma appear first in the punctuations list, instead of the period, as it is now.
As for the return key, flick right and hold is good but a little slow. How about down with two fingers?
Best regards,
JPR

First Show Stopping Bug

Brandon Cross
 

Hello, today I experienced the first bug that actually stopped me from
using the keyboard. Today, I needed to make a transfer between two of my
bank accounts, so I load up my banking app, and go to do it, when FlickType
loads in. OK, not really the keyboard I want for that particular
application, so I do the flick up and hold gesture to switch to the iOS
keyboard, only to find that it doesn't work. After a bit of general tapping
around, I noticed the keyboard was completely unresponsive. This means taps
as well as gestures are not being accepted. Thinking this a fluke, I just
quit out of the app and try again, same thing. I ended having to go another
app and switch its keyboard to the iOS one before I could get FlickType to
not load up in the banking app. I did re-order it so it wasn't the first
keyboard, and restart the phone. But even being in the second position, it
still loaded up eve when I completely closed out the app and went through
again.

It is worth noting that my banking app uses its own custom variant if a
keyboard for entering an amount in the transfer section, since you don't
enter decimals, as the app sort of parses what you enter and puts the
decimal in the right place. So for $100.00, you would just type 1, 0, 0, 0,
0 and it would be correct. This isn't the only app I have that uses a
custom numbers keyboard, right off hand I can think of at least one other,
PayPal. That one does the same thing but it has a, '00' button to save you
a bit of time.

Since FlickType or iOS isn't really respecting the order of keyboards, I'm
going to have to make sure FlickType isn't up when I load into my banking
app. I'm hoping you guys can get something going for a fix to this, though
as its with a specific app with a specific custom variant, might prove
tricky.

Thanks -- Brandon

Re: First Show Stopping Bug

 

Brandon, thank you for the report. Hopefully this is something we can address. We'll look into a couple of banking apps as well as PayPal, but it would help to also know the name of the banking app you experienced this in.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 04:16, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:

Hello, today I experienced the first bug that actually stopped me from
using the keyboard. Today, I needed to make a transfer between two of my
bank accounts, so I load up my banking app, and go to do it, when FlickType
loads in. OK, not really the keyboard I want for that particular
application, so I do the flick up and hold gesture to switch to the iOS
keyboard, only to find that it doesn't work. After a bit of general tapping
around, I noticed the keyboard was completely unresponsive. This means taps
as well as gestures are not being accepted. Thinking this a fluke, I just
quit out of the app and try again, same thing. I ended having to go another
app and switch its keyboard to the iOS one before I could get FlickType to
not load up in the banking app. I did re-order it so it wasn't the first
keyboard, and restart the phone. But even being in the second position, it
still loaded up eve when I completely closed out the app and went through
again.

It is worth noting that my banking app uses its own custom variant if a
keyboard for entering an amount in the transfer section, since you don't
enter decimals, as the app sort of parses what you enter and puts the
decimal in the right place. So for $100.00, you would just type 1, 0, 0, 0,
0 and it would be correct. This isn't the only app I have that uses a
custom numbers keyboard, right off hand I can think of at least one other,
PayPal. That one does the same thing but it has a, '00' button to save you
a bit of time.

Since FlickType or iOS isn't really respecting the order of keyboards, I'm
going to have to make sure FlickType isn't up when I load into my banking
app. I'm hoping you guys can get something going for a fix to this, though
as its with a specific app with a specific custom variant, might prove
tricky.

Thanks -- Brandon


Subscribe to the list

jturner522@...
 

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey

Re: Subscribe to the list

 

Hi Jeffrey,

To subscribe, please send an empty email to hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 02:49, jeffrey Turner <jturner522@...> wrote:

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey


Re: First Show Stopping Bug

Brandon Cross
 

It's Fulton Bank, I was even surprised they had an app lol.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:30 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Brandon, thank you for the report. Hopefully this is something we can
address. We'll look into a couple of banking apps as well as PayPal, but it
would help to also know the name of the banking app you experienced this
in.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 04:16, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:

Hello, today I experienced the first bug that actually stopped me from
using the keyboard. Today, I needed to make a transfer between two of my
bank accounts, so I load up my banking app, and go to do it, when
FlickType
loads in. OK, not really the keyboard I want for that particular
application, so I do the flick up and hold gesture to switch to the iOS
keyboard, only to find that it doesn't work. After a bit of general
tapping
around, I noticed the keyboard was completely unresponsive. This means
taps
as well as gestures are not being accepted. Thinking this a fluke, I just
quit out of the app and try again, same thing. I ended having to go
another
app and switch its keyboard to the iOS one before I could get FlickType
to
not load up in the banking app. I did re-order it so it wasn't the first
keyboard, and restart the phone. But even being in the second position,
it
still loaded up eve when I completely closed out the app and went through
again.

It is worth noting that my banking app uses its own custom variant if a
keyboard for entering an amount in the transfer section, since you don't
enter decimals, as the app sort of parses what you enter and puts the
decimal in the right place. So for $100.00, you would just type 1, 0, 0,
0,
0 and it would be correct. This isn't the only app I have that uses a
custom numbers keyboard, right off hand I can think of at least one
other,
PayPal. That one does the same thing but it has a, '00' button to save
you
a bit of time.

Since FlickType or iOS isn't really respecting the order of keyboards,
I'm
going to have to make sure FlickType isn't up when I load into my banking
app. I'm hoping you guys can get something going for a fix to this,
though
as its with a specific app with a specific custom variant, might prove
tricky.

Thanks -- Brandon




bug rendering Flicktype totally inoperable

Chris Foster <cjfoster2000@...>
 

Hello all, Just now, I read a thread having to do with a user experienceing problems using Flicktype with a particular banking app. I am experienceing the same problem across the board both with the "Flicktype clasic" app as well as the newly released app. Upon loading either app, no jestures, attempts at typing, nothing is being accepted. I'm using an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.4. Please let me know if you have burther questions as this problem is addressed. Thanks!

Any way to verify a subscription to this group?

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck

Re: Subscribe to the list

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

I think jeffrey, is already subscribed, as i am seeing his earlier post.

-----Original Message-----
From: FlickType
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:52 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list

Hi Jeffrey,

To subscribe, please send an empty email to hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 02:49, jeffrey Turner <jturner522@...> wrote:

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey