Date   
Re: Handling web addresses

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>
 

At least in my testing of entering EMails and websites, when you find the dot symbol (above the letter w) or the at-sign (above the q) flick up/down, and it’ll cycle between at GMail, At Yahoo etc.; in Websites, the dot cycles between dot com, dot net etc. Hope this helps some.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 10/05/2018, a la(s) 1:19 p. m., Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> escribió:

Hi all quick question.

Once the keyboard becomes system wide across IOS, how will such things as web addresses when typing get entered correctly?

At the moment, there seems to be spaces between the words example:

Www. Bbc. Co. Uk

Be interested to know what others think about this.

Regards

Daniel


Re: Handling web addresses

Chuck Dean
 

By the way, once the system wide keyboard is fully functional, you will be able to enter web addresses, and email addresses etc. manually one letter at a time. Unfortunately that feature is not yet available.


Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 11:19 AM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi all quick question.

Once the keyboard becomes system wide across IOS, how will such things as web addresses when typing get entered correctly?

At the moment, there seems to be spaces between the words example:

Www. Bbc. Co. Uk

Be interested to know what others think about this.

Regards

Daniel


A sighted user question

Daniel McGee
 

Hi all, even though this app is designed for VoiceOver users, I had a thought and would like to share it with you all. Even though when one has sight and can tap the spacebar, return, symbol keys to input the desired function, would they be losing a second or two of speed. The reason why I asked this, is because I wondered if you use FlickType and have vision, is it quicker from a sighted point of view to tap a spacebar or in this case to swipe right after a word and continue on typing. If anyone on the list is sighted, I hope you are able to understand what I am somewhat poorly trying to explain into words but from a VoiceOver point of view to a visual one.

Daniel

New Member

Mike B. <mike9902@...>
 

Hi All,

My name is, Mike, just joined to learn about this new keyboard and to get an
email to create a message filter. Thanks much.

Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the
end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Editing Flicktype Dictionary

Gordon Anthony <ganthony57@...>
 

I have inadvertently added a word to my FlickType dictionary. How do I delete it? When I pull up the menu and go into Dictionary all I get is a draft email containing my custom words, with no hints as to what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Voice over visual aid software

Re: Editing Flicktype Dictionary

 

Hi Gordon,

You can delete the word by following the same exact steps as when you added the word to the dictionary. Manually type the entire word and flick up.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Editing Flicktype Dictionary

Chuck Dean
 

Manually type the same word over, then flick up, it will remove the word.


Chuck

On May 19, 2018, at 10:45 PM, Gordon Anthony <ganthony57@...> wrote:

I have inadvertently added a word to my FlickType dictionary. How do I delete it? When I pull up the menu and go into Dictionary all I get is a draft email containing my custom words, with no hints as to what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Voice over visual aid software


Too much chatter

E J Sizemore <stickmanjoe@...>
 

How does one stop the FlickType program from repeating "0 width no break space"?



E. Joe Sizemore
Certified Meditation Guide
And
Meditation Poet

Re: Too much chatter

 

Hi there,

This sounds like a bug. What device and iOS version are you running?

Thanks,
Kosta

Re: Too much chatter

Daniel McGee
 

Hi Kosta I have seen this behavior too with the released version of the app in the app store. In my case, its an iPhone 5 running iOS 10 which is unable to run iOS 11 Hope this helps Daniel

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 4:10 AM +0100, "FlickType" <@FlickType> wrote:










Hi there,

This sounds like a bug. What device and iOS version are you running?

Thanks,
Kosta

System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

 

Dear FlickType friends,

We could not be any more excited today to share with you our biggest news yet: The brand new, system-wide FlickType keyboard is now available on the App Store! Link: https://bit.ly/FlickType. Packed with emoji, cursor control, better dictionary and so much more! A huge thank you to all our amazing testers, we couldn't have done it without you ☺️

The new container app is also much easier to navigate, has improved instructions and is totally free to use. For the system-wide custom keyboard, we are offering a free 7-day trial, and after that it's just 99 cents per month. Continuing to build out this technology is no small task, and this will support our ongoing development costs so that we can continue to provide you with the very best VoiceOver typing experience available.

All beta testers can continue to use the custom keyboard free of charge, but we hope that you will also support us by simply downloading FlickType from the App Store and choosing the "Upgrade" option. You will still receive new beta builds as usual, and your subscription will continue unless cancelled from your App Store settings.

Once again, a big thank you to everyone for your help and support over the last few months, and we can't wait to show you what else we've planned for the future of VoiceOver typing. Please help us spread the word!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

- Get the app: https://bit.ly/FlickType
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FlickType
- Visit our website: https://www.flicktype.com

Re: System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

Brandon Cross
 

Hi, I'm writing a blog post now that the system wide keyboard is available
to everyone. I am wondering if you would be wiling to elaborate on why you
chose a subscription model rather than a flat rate fee for the system wide
keyboard for use in the blog?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:12 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Dear FlickType friends,

We could not be any more excited today to share with you our biggest news
yet: The brand new, system-wide FlickType keyboard is now available on the
App Store! Link: https://bit.ly/FlickType. Packed with emoji, cursor
control, better dictionary and so much more! A huge thank you to all our
amazing testers, we couldn't have done it without you ☺️

The new container app is also much easier to navigate, has improved
instructions and is totally free to use. For the system-wide custom
keyboard, we are offering a free 7-day trial, and after that it's just 99
cents per month. Continuing to build out this technology is no small task,
and this will support our ongoing development costs so that we can continue
to provide you with the very best VoiceOver typing experience available.

All beta testers can continue to use the custom keyboard free of charge,
but we hope that you will also support us by simply downloading FlickType
from the App Store and choosing the "Upgrade" option. You will still
receive new beta builds as usual, and your subscription will continue
unless cancelled from your App Store settings.

Once again, a big thank you to everyone for your help and support over the
last few months, and we can't wait to show you what else we've planned for
the future of VoiceOver typing. Please help us spread the word!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

- Get the app: https://bit.ly/FlickType
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FlickType
- Visit our website: https://www.flicktype.com



Re: System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

 

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for writing the post, please share once it's up!

As we have a developing product that we will be making considerable updates and improvements to, coupled with a small market, an ongoing subscription model is the best way to ensure that the project is sustainable and will be around for a long time. This, as well as the fact that we want to ensure everyone is paying for what they’re using and not paying a one time purchase for a product that they don't use a year or two down the road, we feel that a subscription is best for everyone. That being said, things are not set in stone as we are going to be fluid and adaptable to the circumstances.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,
Ashley

Some help please

Johnathon Clarke
 

I am having some problems with installing FlickType. I opted for the option to support their cause because I think this is a great app that will certainly help those that find typing on the iPhone cumbersome. However since I bought the upgrade I cannot choose to have a keyboard in the settings, I have restarted the app several times even deleted the app and reinstall it again to the same affect. Any help on this would be appreciated thank you

Re: Some help please

 

Hi Johnathon,

Happy to help! Sounds like you've already downloaded FlickType and upgraded to the 7-day trial. After this, you go into the main settings app, scroll down to FlickType and tap keyboards. Please make sure FlickType is enabled on this page, and also enable full access. Once you do this, you can go into iMessage or anywhere that you have a text field and select the next keyboard button, within the list you should find FlickType, once you select it you should be able to start typing away. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Ashley

Re: System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

Chuck Dean
 

Hello Ashley,
I have posted the above text to the ViPhone list. It is a great explanation of why a subscription is needed.
Chuck😎

On Jun 27, 2018, at 11:10 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for writing the post, please share once it's up!

As we have a developing product that we will be making considerable updates and improvements to, coupled with a small market, an ongoing subscription model is the best way to ensure that the project is sustainable and will be around for a long time. This, as well as the fact that we want to ensure everyone is paying for what they’re using and not paying a one time purchase for a product that they don't use a year or two down the road, we feel that a subscription is best for everyone. That being said, things are not set in stone as we are going to be fluid and adaptable to the circumstances.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,
Ashley


Re: Some help please

 

Hi again Johnathon,

One more tip, if you're following the instructions and still having trouble please restart your device and attempt the instructions again.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

Brandon Cross
 

OK will do, should be this Sunday barring any unforeseen circumstances.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hello Ashley,
I have posted the above text to the ViPhone list. It is a great
explanation of why a subscription is needed.
Chuck😎

On Jun 27, 2018, at 11:10 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for writing the post, please share once it's up!

As we have a developing product that we will be making considerable
updates and improvements to, coupled with a small market, an ongoing
subscription model is the best way to ensure that the project is
sustainable and will be around for a long time. This, as well as the fact
that we want to ensure everyone is paying for what they’re using and not
paying a one time purchase for a product that they don't use a year or two
down the road, we feel that a subscription is best for everyone. That being
said, things are not set in stone as we are going to be fluid and adaptable
to the circumstances.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,
Ashley




3 finger single tap

David Matters <morzorak@...>
 

Hello:
The welcome tab says a 3 finger, single tap will read the contents. Is this working correctly? I am unable to get it to read what I have typed.
Dave ...

Re: System-wide FlickType keyboard now available on the App Store!

Macster
 

Congratulations Kosta and Ashley! This is a dream come true for both of you and us users alike.

I have downloaded the app and subscribed, but will also continue to be part of the test team and I look forward to where FlickType goes from here!

I don't think there is a major rush for this at all, but I do miss the flick left and hold gesture to delete quickly that the classic app has, but obviously this isn't a massive issue.

Congratulations again!

Macky

On 27 Jun 2018, at 14:12, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Dear FlickType friends,

We could not be any more excited today to share with you our biggest news yet: The brand new, system-wide FlickType keyboard is now available on the App Store! Link: https://bit.ly/FlickType. Packed with emoji, cursor control, better dictionary and so much more! A huge thank you to all our amazing testers, we couldn't have done it without you ☺️

The new container app is also much easier to navigate, has improved instructions and is totally free to use. For the system-wide custom keyboard, we are offering a free 7-day trial, and after that it's just 99 cents per month. Continuing to build out this technology is no small task, and this will support our ongoing development costs so that we can continue to provide you with the very best VoiceOver typing experience available.

All beta testers can continue to use the custom keyboard free of charge, but we hope that you will also support us by simply downloading FlickType from the App Store and choosing the "Upgrade" option. You will still receive new beta builds as usual, and your subscription will continue unless cancelled from your App Store settings.

Once again, a big thank you to everyone for your help and support over the last few months, and we can't wait to show you what else we've planned for the future of VoiceOver typing. Please help us spread the word!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

- Get the app: https://bit.ly/FlickType
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FlickType
- Visit our website: https://www.flicktype.com