Date   
Re: Emoji

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>
 

Wow so that's exciting! So would we who are already Betatesters, be eligible for trying out the keyboard extention? I imagine you'd be sending instructions if we need to download the beta app etc?

El 24/04/2018 a las 03:45 p.m., FlickType escribió:
Hi Simon, great questions. We are planning to support both emoji as well as text replacement shortcuts in the new system-wide version of the keyboard. If you want to be among the first to try it out, please join our beta here: beta+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io

Warmly,
Kosta

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Re: Emoji

Serina Gilbert
 

Wow! This is exciting! I can't wait to test the system wide keyboard!

test

Tony - The Blind Kind
 

I had to transition to a new host because TMDHosting is not a good host. DreamHost seems to be much better so far. Just sayin'. If anyone has been experiencing slowness or complete downness on theblindkind.com, I'm so, so very sorry. I'm hopeful this won't continue. Once all the DNS propagates, things should be much better. I can already see from where it propagated near me that it's much faster and more stable.


--

Tony

Creator, The Blind Kind
Lighting Your Way Through Vision Loss
TBK Logo <https://theblindkind.com/>
Website: The Blind Kind <https://theblindkind.com/>
Twitter: @BlindKindBlog <https://twitter.com/blindkindblog>

Some feedback on the released version

Christo de Klerk <cjdk@...>
 

Hello

FlickType is working really well on my iPhone 5C. It is a pleasure to use it and I am looking forward to its new developments.

There is just one issue I notice which I don't know if it might already be a known issue. When I use the app in landscape mode (which I find rather nice), I notice that the lift to speak feature does not work.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards

Christo de Klerk

Re: Some feedback on the released version

 

Hi Christo, and thank you for the kind words.

The earpiece proximity sensor seems to automatically be disabled by iOS when holding the device in landscape orientation. I don't think there's anything we can do about that, unfortunately, but we might add a new gesture to perform the read back function soon.

- Kosta

Re: Some feedback on the released version

Chuck Dean
 

Hello, as a fellow landscape flicker, if I want to hear what I typed, I just turn my iPhone into portrait mode and put my hand over the ear piece. Of course, I do not have the keyboard locked in landscape mode.

Chuck

On Apr 27, 2018, at 8:51 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Christo, and thank you for the kind words.

The earpiece proximity sensor seems to automatically be disabled by iOS when holding the device in landscape orientation. I don't think there's anything we can do about that, unfortunately, but we might add a new gesture to perform the read back function soon.

- Kosta


Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Tj Squires
 

Hello, all,

Perhaps someone has encountered this issue and can assist me!  When I open up FLickType, I am able to see the screen just fine -- it works as expected, if I turn off voiceover.  So, to explain a little bit, my problem is this:

When I have Voiceover active and open Flick Type, I am unable to utilize the app; all of my voiceover gestures perform their voiceover equivolents.  I have heard that it is possible to utilized FlickType without turning off Voiceover.  Therefore my problem is me!  :).  What setting may I have toggled that shouldn't be, weather with Voiceover, or Flicktype itself?

To be clear, the app will not type when I tap the screen unless Voiceover is off.  I can't get it to function while voiceover is off --
so for example going to the menu requires me to tripple tap home, swipe up with two fingers, and then tripple tap home to turn it back on.

I am using latest     iOS with an iPhone 7.  I am not on the beta but will send the email if this problem will go away

Thanks for your assistance!

Cannot delete saved dictionary word.

Evangeline Yeo <evanyeo5@...>
 

Hi my word that i saved in the dictionary cannot be removed. Please assist. Thanks.

Cheers
Evangeline

Re: Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>
 

Do you have touch typing or direct touch active? As long as one of those are enabled, and standard typing isn’t, you should be fine? Try rotoring to see whether direct touch is enabled and make sure it is.

Re: Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Benny Barber
 

That's perplexing. Is the voice feedback set to on in settings in FlickType?

On Apr 28, 2018, at 11:32 AM, Tj Squires <tj@...> wrote:

Hello, all,

Perhaps someone has encountered this issue and can assist me! When I open up FLickType, I am able to see the screen just fine -- it works as expected, if I turn off voiceover. So, to explain a little bit, my problem is this:

When I have Voiceover active and open Flick Type, I am unable to utilize the app; all of my voiceover gestures perform their voiceover equivolents. I have heard that it is possible to utilized FlickType without turning off Voiceover. Therefore my problem is me! :). What setting may I have toggled that shouldn't be, weather with Voiceover, or Flicktype itself?

To be clear, the app will not type when I tap the screen unless Voiceover is off. I can't get it to function while voiceover is off -- so for example going to the menu requires me to tripple tap home, swipe up with two fingers, and then tripple tap home to turn it back on.

I am using latest iOS with an iPhone 7. I am not on the beta but will send the email if this problem will go away

Thanks for your assistance!


Re: Cannot delete saved dictionary word.

Benny Barber
 

Type the word in question one letter at a time. Swiped right and then flick up. The word should be removed from the dictionary.

Benny

On Apr 27, 2018, at 7:35 AM, Evangeline Yeo <evanyeo5@...> wrote:

Hi my word that i saved in the dictionary cannot be removed. Please assist. Thanks.

Cheers
Evangeline

Words with apostrophes.

chrystalex@...
 

Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.

problems with FlickType on Iphone 6S

Graham Page <graham@...>
 

Hi all.

 

I have 2 IPhones.  One is an IPhone SE and FlickType works fine on that.  The other is an IPhone 6S and I am having problems with this phone.  In order for Flicktype to work when typing I have to turn voiceover off.  Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? With voiceover on when I launch flicktype on the 6S it just says something like typing ready but there is no keyboard to type on.  This is with a clean install of flickType.

 

Regards

 

Graham

Graham Page
Assistive Technology Adviser
East London Vision (ELVis) - Supporting people with sight loss
graham@...
020 3697 6464
M: 07779 441 000

Website: www.eastlondonvision.org.uk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/eastlondonvision
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ELVis_Vision
Blog: www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/eastlondonvision

Charitable Incorporated Organisation number: 1154207

 

Re: Words with apostrophes.

Chuck Dean
 

When typing with FlickType, many contractions are automatically generated when you type. For example I'd, we'll, it's, we've, shouldn't. I typed all these contractions by simply typing the letters... The apostrophe is automatically inserted.
I hope this helps.

Chuck

On Apr 28, 2018, at 1:50 AM, Chrystal Alexandroff <chrystalex@...> wrote:

Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.



Re: Words with apostrophes.

MariaRosa Chapman
 

HI.

yep found the same thing.

Maria

On 29 Apr 2018, at 3:33 pm, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

When typing with FlickType, many contractions are automatically generated when you type. For example I'd, we'll, it's, we've, shouldn't. I typed all these contractions by simply typing the letters... The apostrophe is automatically inserted.
I hope this helps.

Chuck


On Apr 28, 2018, at 1:50 AM, Chrystal Alexandroff <chrystalex@...> wrote:

Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.




Re: problems with FlickType on Iphone 6S

MariaRosa Chapman
 

HI.

using a 6s here and not seeing this problem.

Maria

On 28 Apr 2018, at 1:25 am, Graham Page <graham@...> wrote:


Hi all.

I have 2 IPhones. One is an IPhone SE and FlickType works fine on that. The other is an IPhone 6S and I am having problems with this phone. In order for Flicktype to work when typing I have to turn voiceover off. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? With voiceover on when I launch flicktype on the 6S it just says something like typing ready but there is no keyboard to type on. This is with a clean install of flickType.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page
Assistive Technology Adviser
East London Vision (ELVis) - Supporting people with sight loss
graham@... <mailto:graham@...>
020 3697 6464
M: 07779 441 000
<http://www.visionuk.org.uk/>
Website: www.eastlondonvision.org.uk <http://www.eastlondonvision.org.uk/>
Facebook: www.facebook.com/eastlondonvision <http://www.facebook.com/eastlondonvision>
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ELVis_Vision <http://www.twitter.com/ELVis_Vision>
Blog: www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com <http://www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com/>
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/eastlondonvision <http://www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com/>
Charitable Incorporated Organisation number: 1154207






























Re: Words with apostrophes.

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>
 

Yes please! and also include for those Spanish-speakers, opening question mark, and opening exclamation mark. And also why not the At-sign for when one has to quickly write out an EMail address?

El 28/04/2018 a las 03:50 a.m., Chrystal Alexandroff escribió:
Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Re: Words with apostrophes.

Chuck Dean
 

When typing emails the @ sign can quickly be entered by using the invisible symbol keys above the qwerty row.
The @sign is above the q, and if you flick down you will also find, @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.
There are many useful symbols along this line. I suggest you experiment with the top row... Lots of good stuff!
I hope this helps,

Chuck

On Apr 29, 2018, at 6:27 AM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:

Yes please! and also include for those Spanish-speakers, opening question mark, and opening exclamation mark. And also why not the At-sign for when one has to quickly write out an EMail address?


El 28/04/2018 a las 03:50 a.m., Chrystal Alexandroff escribió:
Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird



Flip Type Question

jtkarim2126@...
 

I just want to start off by saying that I absolutely love the app, it is so continuous, and nice to type on, my question is, is there a possibility of integrating the keyboard into Apple's native keyboard settings, it would make typing on the iPhone so much more quicker and convenient. Overall though, you all have done a great job

Re: Flip Type Question

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
A systemwide keyboard is in alpha testing at this time. It is in its first incarnation, and it’s a little rough, but it will be refined over the next few weeks, and should be available to everybody in the very near future.
Please be patient. :-)

Chuck

On Apr 29, 2018, at 5:47 AM, jtkarim2126@... wrote:

I just want to start off by saying that I absolutely love the app, it is so continuous, and nice to type on, my question is, is there a possibility of integrating the keyboard into Apple's native keyboard settings, it would make typing on the iPhone so much more quicker and convenient. Overall though, you all have done a great job