Re: Version 3.0 with half screen mode is out!

Jessica D

Hi,

I want the App Store version, but I don’t currently have iTunes credit available.

is the beta safe to use, until I can get more?

On Sep 18, 2018, at 7:41 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta and Ashley, I have updated to ios 12 and downloaded the app store version of FlickType. Everything is working well with the exception of an occasional misspoken letter or number when typing manually and the inability to use the FlickType keyboard in financial apps. Once you get those glitches licked, I will have no use for the iOS keyboard!

Right now I am in landscape mode and I am loving how fast I can type with my two thumbs.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Chuck

On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please read the following release notes and tell us what you think of this update at hello@flicktype.groups.io. All feedback is welcome, smile!

What's new:
- Half screen mode now works with VoiceOver. Also introducing an additional "Minimal" keyboard height option.
- During a long press, the height of the top QWERTY row will now be the same as the bottom two rows. Exploring the area above the keyboard will read back your text. Tell us what you think!
- Some low-vision users asked us for a splash of color. The default black background can now be a simple vertical gradient with a color of your choice.
- If you are accidentally invoking the shift function when typing fast with multiple fingers, you can now disable it using the new "Multi-finger tap gestures" setting.

Known issues:
- If you are getting any incorrect announcements, please try setting the iOS VoiceOver "Typing Feedback" for software keyboards to "Characters", or to "Nothing".
- There is a known issue with the "Minimal" option not working correctly inside the container app on the iPhone X.
- Manually typing a word after a new line might insert a space after the first character.
- The keyboard might not work properly on iPad when iOS Zoom is enabled.

Please tell us what works for you and what doesn't, so we can make FlickType better for you!

Happy typing! ☺️