From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of JP Shandra
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 4:17 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app
store?

Hello,
This is definitely a new thing from Apple. Where it must be in the app
store. If you have it on another device, automatic download might be an
option to get back on the new phone.
JP

On Sep 14, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Ashley,

I can only comment on my own personal experience when purchasing a new
iPhone a little less than a month ago and restoring my backup to it. I had
an app named Snippets that I used regularly to transfer text between
computer and iPhone. However, Snippets was no longer in the Apps Store when
I restored my backup to my new iPhone and therefore, it was no longer on my
iPhone after the restore. I'm pretty sure apps are not included in what is
backed up to either iCloud or a local computer so I'm not sure how their
being tied to a particular Apple ID enters into the restoration. If the app
isn't available in the Apps Store when one does their restore, there is no
source from which to restore it. So, it seems your removing FlickType
Classic from the Apps Store makes it no longer available to anyone restoring
a backup to a new device.