Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>

Hi Alan, you are correct.

I restored my new iPhone 8 today, and Flicktype Classic, is no longer there.

If it is not in the app store, then it can't get it.

I also had the beta version of Flicktype Classic, and that is no longer in the testflight app.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:07 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Ashley,

I can only comment on my own personal experience when purchasing a new iPhone a little less than a month ago and restoring my backup to it. I had an app named Snippets that I used regularly to transfer text between computer and iPhone. However, Snippets was no longer in the Apps Store when I restored my backup to my new iPhone and therefore, it was no longer on my iPhone after the restore. I'm pretty sure apps are not included in what is backed up to either iCloud or a local computer so I'm not sure how their being tied to a particular Apple ID enters into the restoration. If the app isn't available in the Apps Store when one does their restore, there is no source from which to restore it. So, it seems your removing FlickType Classic from the Apps Store makes it no longer available to anyone restoring a backup to a new device.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 3:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

Hi Alan,

As far as we know apps are tied to a specific Apple ID, and if a phone is restored from an iCloud backup, then all previous app downloads should be restored as well. If you're aware of a new change will you please share a link so I can get up to speed?

Thanks!
Ashley

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.