Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance this evening, starting at 11pm Pacific Time (6am Tuesday 8/3/2020 UTC), for up to two hours.
App changes follow below. Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!
In this release:
- Settings reorganization
- Added information for some settings.
- Fixed Quick Reply links. Information in settings.
- Internal sound logic revamp. Please report latency and volume issues.
- Stereo panning for tap sound effects. Try with headphones and tell us what you think.
- Choice of tap effect.
- Choice of tap volume.
- Choice of pitch for "Spell words".
- Choice of verbosity for "Raise to read back".
- Always show "Copy & clear" menu option, even when "Copy & Clear on exit" is enabled.
- Fixed app startup freeze on iOS 10
- Lowered the pitch of the new deletion sound.
- Restored the original tap sound, but a bit louder than before. New tap sound is used in landscape, tell us what you think!
- Use lower pitch when spelling words, rather than higher. Thanks Daniel!
- Don't use higher pitch to announce tokens with numbers or symbols.
- Fixed double announcement of typed text when invoking the menu.
- Added back missing voice feedback when VoiceOver is disabled. Note: having VoiceOver disabled is generally unsupported. For best results, please ensure VoiceOver is enabled when using FlickType. You can set your accessibility shortcut to include toggling VoiceOver when you triple-click the device button. Reading of punctuation is known to be buggy when VoiceOver is disabled.
- Complete revamp of of all sound effects: taps, deletions, errors, and more. Tell us what you think!
- Deletion announcements will now always use a lower pitch, and will not use the word "Deleted". You can turn that back on from the settings.
- Updated deletion sound effect, hopefully this is less intrusive. Thanks Serina! You can now also turn it off from the settings.
- Words with numbers and symbols will now be announced correctly and in detail, even if they contain no letters.
- Apostrophes in contractions like "it's" will be announced. Thanks Alan!
- Capital letter announcements will use the shorthand "cap" prefix instead of the full word "capital".
- Fixed pronunciation of colon symbol. Thanks Yana!
- Fixed wrong iPhone X keyboard positioning when in landscape mode.
- Added a few more words to the dictionary.
Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!
Kosta & Ashley
PS: Don't forget to invite your friends! The more testers we have, the faster we can improve the app.