Re: Typing speed, perspective of a person with very limited vision

Hi Scott,

Sincerely appreciate the thoughtful review and comparison, thank you!

In regards to your first point with the unintentional invocation of the shift shortcut, we've been considering this issue for fast two-handed typists like yourself and we think we may have come up with a simple solution where we require a little longer two-finger tap to invoke shift, that way the system doesn't misunderstand quick successive taps. We will be implementing a fix for this soon.

As for your second issue, we agree that the dictionary is not as extensive as we'd like. Due to the nature of our autocorrect engine and ranking system it is quite a large undertaking to update the existing dictionary, though this is high on our list of goals it will take us a little bit of time to get there. We hope the convenience of adding words to the dictionary helps a little bit in counteracting this shortcoming.

Thanks, again!
Ashley

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 11:09 PM, Field, S. (Scott) wrote:

restaurant and found it was a pleasure to type out a short message using
FlickType  as I could see the large typed words and didn’t need to read it
back, that was the most pleasant experience I have had when typing out a
message on my phone in a noisy area.

The app is getting better with every release and it is clear that Kosta and
Ashley are working hard to get it right for the blind and low vision
community, the efforts are truly appreciated.

Thank you