Re: Sign in required with latest update from the app store

Hi Ashley and Daniel,

I got this same treatment when I upgraded to version 2.3 148 a few days ago. I was asked to provide my Apple ID and I did with no problems. I found it a bit curious being a subscriber that it asked for this but I've suffered no ill effects of which I'm aware.

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 1:01 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Sign in required with latest update from the app store

Hi Daniel,

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason. If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem. Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a
method in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't
entered my password yet and granted it permission.