Re: Sign in required with latest update from the app store

Daniel McGee

The message only shows up when I open the FlickType app on the iPhone. When I open on my iPad though, the message doesn't appear. Its really strange.

Don't worry, I have two factor enabled for my account and am very security conscious about not entering information for the sake of an app or service using it without myself acting upon it beforehand.

Its just really strange this happening on iPhone and not iPad.

it couldn't be that I didn't upgrade to the latest beta from TestFlight? Rather, I just jumped from the current build to the release released version to the app store.

Thinking aloud here. 🤔

On 9 Aug 2018, at 23:07, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Hello Daniel.

Does it happen when you try to use the flick type keyboard, or when you Launch the flick type app?

On the app, is your upgrade active?

I imagine it wants to reactivate your upgrade, At least that's what I thought when it happened to me On the previous update.

If you have double Identification on, I suppose no one can login to your app store account Without you being warned anyway.

Cheers,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 09/08/2018 à 23:50, Daniel McGee a écrit :
Hi Ashley, on your advice, I did as you suggested and it appears that I haven't signed out of the app store on my iPhone.
What would you recommend I do next?
Daniel

On 9 Aug 2018, at 19:00, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason. If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem. Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a method
in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't entered my password
yet and granted it permission.