Re: an alternative to half size keyboard

Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...>

I sometimes have strange issues when dismissing the keyboard or switching to another one.

When dismissing the keyboard, it happens that the last lines of what I typed before is deleted, and when switching keyboards, it sometimes opens the control centre. I'm using an iPhone seven with last iOS 11, not quite sure what is happening.

Best,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel
Le 14/07/2018 à 20:29, Harry Bell via Groups.Io a écrit :

Yes, I agree! What I am grateful for in this keyboard is the way it makes it so easy to type chunks of text of some length. I'm really fine with changing to the iOS keyboard every now and then for something specific.
Regards
 Harry

On 14 Jul 2018, at 18:02, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
 As I understand it, the half screen keyboard poses many problems and the final product may not be the total solution you are waiting for.
 Those of us who use fleksy understand typing in a text field makes VoiceOver have delays and stuttering speech, which is very annoying. So, the current thought is there will be a half screen keyboard useful to interact with the various areas of the screen, but you will want to change to the full screen keyboard to enter the bulk of your text. This seems to be the best compromise that Kosta can implement.

 There has been a Couple of attempts released to the alpha group which didn't perform as expected. Kosta is a steely eyed app developer, so whatever he finally releases will be the very best app possible.

 I was one of the big supporters of the half screen keyboard, at first, but since I have been using the current version of FlickType I really have no problems switching between the full screen FlickType keyboard and the iOS keyboard.
 In my opinion the half screen keyboard will be nice., But not necessary.

 Chuck

On Jul 14, 2018, at 7:48 AM, Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...> wrote:

I personally can't wait until the half size keyboard is available.  This would hopefully work more like the standard keyboard in that one could easily view one's text entry, navigate the cursor for editing and making corrections, etc.  As noted on this forum, there are several circumstances where dismissing the keyboard leads to a result in which the user must go back to the standard keyboard.  I'm thinking of the situation of trying to use auto-correct when sending e-mail or text messages.

This will be a welcome addition and obviate the need for switching keyboards.

--Pete