App changes follow below. Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!
In this release (30):
- Lowered the pitch of the new deletion sound.
- Restored the original tap sound, but a bit louder than before. New tap sound is used in landscape, tell us what you think!
- Use lower pitch when spelling words, rather than higher. Thanks Daniel!
- Don't use higher pitch to announce tokens with numbers or symbols.
- Fixed double announcement of typed text when invoking the menu.
- Added back missing voice feedback when VoiceOver is disabled. Note: having VoiceOver disabled is generally unsupported. For best results, please ensure VoiceOver is enabled when using FlickType. You can set your accessibility shortcut to include toggling VoiceOver when you triple-click the device button. Reading of punctuation is known to be buggy when VoiceOver is disabled.
In the previous release (29):
- Complete revamp of of all sound effects: taps, deletions, errors, and more. Tell us what you think!
- Deletion announcements will now always use a lower pitch, and will not use the word "Deleted". You can turn that back on from the settings.
- Updated deletion sound effect, hopefully this is less intrusive. Thanks Serina! You can now also turn it off from the settings.
- Words with numbers and symbols will now be announced correctly and in detail, even if they contain no letters.
- Spelling of words now uses a higher pitch.
- Apostrophes in contractions like "it's" will be announced. Thanks Alan!
- Capital letter announcements will use the shorthand "cap" prefix instead of the full word "capital".
- Fixed pronunciation of colon symbol. Thanks Yana!
- Fixed wrong iPhone X keyboard positioning when in landscape mode.
- Added a few more words to the dictionary.
Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!
Kosta & Ashley
PS: Don't forget to invite your friends to firstname.lastname@example.org! The more testers we have, the faster we can improve the app.