Re: problems in messages

Shawn Krasniuk

I can verify the issue here too. This is why we need either some sort of send button or a half sized screen.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:02 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

Hi Chris,

I have a 6S Plus and can confirm/reproduce this. If I type in a Message field and dismiss Flicktype I have to explore the screen by touch, swiping does not work and if I double tap again on the edit field Flicktype becomes active again as a keyboard. If, however, I flick up and hold to change to the iOS keyboard which then is on the screen I can swipe normally.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 4:42 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] problems in messages

Hello,
I am new to the group and I am enjoying the system keyboard, but I have been experiencing a few different things that I want to see if anyone else is experiencing.
Now I am a voice over user and I am using an iphone 8.

First, in the messages app, after typing a message and dismissing the keyboard, I am unable to swipe to either the edit field or send button. I can only find them on the screen by exploring the screen with my finger. And even after I find the edit field by exploring, I am still not able to swipe from the edit field to the send button.

Second, sometimes after dismissing the keyboard, especially after writing in the messages app, voice over acts funny and it seems that I lose some system sounds, like the sound when the app switcher pops up. I restart voice over and everything returns to normal.

Thanks,

Chris