Re: App pricing

Because it’s a very small market and while thiurd party keyboards may not operate using a subscription model, there are plenty of apps which use this method. Maybe companies like Microsoft, Google or Apple can afford to develop free apps for the blind, but a couple who wants to do something nice and incidently comes up with a great product for a few thousand people should not be expected to do it for free. I for one have no problem paying a buck a month for being able to type as fast as a sighted person, OK, let’s say as fast as some sighted people, there still are sighted people who can type a lot faster and also others who are slower.

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Force of nature psychic
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 9:15 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] App pricing

I don't think a A subscription based product would work. People just wouldn't pay. I myself don't really fancy paying an ongoing subscription  for this application. I am more than happy to pay a one-off charge and then if there is a major update in years to come paying another one but on a monthly basis I don't think this is the correct way to go. In my personal opinion sided people do not have to pay a monthly subscription for any keyboards out there so why should we.

Neil

On 2 Jul 2018, at 16:38, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

To kosta and Ashley

I'm sure you have already considered this but just throwing it out there anyway.

If people are finding money to be tight at the moment or feel pressure in anyway in adding to there list of subscriptio ns,. Have you considered adding a tip jar to the container app? This way, maybe people won't feel so pressurised and when they have the money, can donate in the form of in app purchases to the apps development for its future.

To get a sense of what I am trying to explain, checkout the apps: downcast and Twitterrific to see what I mean.

Also, for really big updates, maybe charge an in app purchase to unlock the special feature instead of always having an active subscription.

Of course, I am more than happy to pay for a subscription, these are just ideas as alternatives for different country markets and people's own respective situations in regards to money.

What does everyone think about the extra ideas for the apps future development?

Kind regards to all

Daniel