Re: The new flick type app

Dean Mills <deanmills1987@...>

well if your testing its freee. I think the fee is very reasonable

On 6/30/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

The problem with the large text is if there is more than five letters in a
word, I can't see it, and others have worse vision than me.
Its hard to engineer for all vision.

On Jun 29, 2018, at 11:13 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

It sounds like your keyboard may have crashed.
I will forward this to the developer.

On Jun 29, 2018, at 10:56 PM, Corie Brown <corie@...>
wrote:

I am aware of that. Doesn't address the problem for anyone who would
like to see the text...just not in a font that can be read by anyone
without vi from the other side of the room!

Also I have had a few instances of typing lengthy emails, but when I
swipe FlickType keyboard off screen, none of my text has transferred to
my email! Is this a known issue? Reliability is paramount for many of
us I’m sure.

On 30 Jun 2018, at 06:44, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
You can toggle the visual announcements on and off with a three finger
triple tap; just like the screen curtain.
I hope this helps,

Chuck

On Jun 29, 2018, at 10:27 PM, Corie Brown <corie@...>
wrote:

The keyboard is great as and I am happy to pay a small monthly fee for
ongoing development.

However, one thing that is driving me crazy is the lack of control over
the size of the letters that appear as I type. Short words are massive!
This is preventing me from using the app in meetings and public spaces,
which is frustrating as I think the functionality is brilliant.

Is it feasible to introduce an option for users to select a maximum
font size?

On 30 Jun 2018, at 04:30, Maria Reyes <Mreyes7121@...> wrote:

Yes I think one will be coming soon. If I could I defenantly pay the 99
cents per month fee.

On Jun 29, 2018, at 11:23 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
There is not a half screen option at this time, however one may be
possible in the near future. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as it
sounds. Fleksy had problems with stuttering speech, and FlickType will
probably also have problems.

Chuck

On Jun 29, 2018, at 8:10 PM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is very valid actually.

I tend to go between flick type and braille screen input for the most
part.

Now, for a few questions. I'd rather not make this into a separate
thread because I might be blatantly missing something.

Is there a way to get flick type to show up at the bottom of the
screen only, similar to the default keyboard? As it stands now,
flicking down with one finger and occasionally, if my finger isn't
high enough on the screen, then hitting send is a little counter
intuitive. Maybe that's because of iOS limitations, though, or maybe
there's a hidden setting somewhere I'm failing to find.
I also find when typing a message when I use a notification action and
need to change to flick type as the default keyboard for some reason
the switch keyboard doesn't show up at the bottom left of the screen.
Again, I could be missing something.

Regardless, love this keyboard. I was on android for a while and this
is one of the main reasons I came back to iOS among others. It's truly
a joy to use and certainly, in my mind anyway, far surpasses flexi.
The amount of work put into this and features added in such a short
time is simply staggering.

On 29-Jun-2018 9:34 PM, Chuck Dean wrote:
When Fleksy first came out I paid nineteen dollars and ninety nine
cents as a one time purchase price. Unfortunately, even this high
purchase price did not generate enough revenue to sustain the app, so
they released it to the general public.
In order to please the masses the developers had to make Fleksy
appear more like a qwerty keyboard, which made Fleksy almost
impossible for the visually impaired to operate.

As you can see, a one time purchase price will have to be very
expensive to fund ongoing improvements, maintenance and other
languages.

Ninety nine cents a month is surely affordable for anyone who owns an
iPhone and will generate a steady revenue flow, so FlickType will not
end up in the scrap heap like Fleksy.

Chuck

PS. Three and a half cents a day seems like a steal for a handful of
magic. 😎

On Jun 29, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hi,

On the other side of that coin, paying a one time fee of $15 and
using the app for 2 or 3 years saves me that bit of extra money.
Considering I am in Canada even moreso here.

I wish there was a way to get around apples greedy 35% snatched from
the jar, though. I'd gladly pay with pay pal or something so the
developer gets all of my money.

On 29-Jun-2018 9:23 PM, Christy S wrote:
What I think, to be honest, is that what comes out to $12 a year is
more than reasonable to support ongoing development. There are apps
out there that cost double that or more which may or may not
continue to develop. This way if anyone chooses to no longer use
the app for whatever reason, you cancel the subscription and you're
done. There's no paying a good chunk for something only to find out
two months later that you have wasted that money.

On 6/29/2018 9:01 PM, leonard morris wrote:
I am currently using flick type classic because I don't want to
pay a 99cents monthly fee. I might reconsider if there was a
yearly subscription fee or a one time life Time fee would be OK.
What do you think? Every country has an identity, history, custom,
and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people
Live, work, and play.

On Jun 30, 2018, at 9:32 AM, George Cham <George.cham@...>
wrote:

Hello,
It you are no longer beta testing FlickType, you are more than
welcome to Unsubscrive from the list.
To ensure that you don't receive anymore beta notification.
Go to testflight, it FlickType and FlickType clasic is there.
Then you have the option to stop testing.
This will remove the apps from testflight and your apple id

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on
you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and
give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS