Re: Android support?

Tyler Wood

Hi,

While this is true, on android talkback is currently a problem.

When talkback is enabled, it takes away some key functionality to make certain keyboards and apps work effectively. This is why, for instance, soft braille keyboard requires talkback be disabled before using it, which effectively makes efficiency go out the window in my view.

Very frustrating as I agree, the typing situation is pretty horrific on that platform at present. It has admittedly gotten much better over time, but it just doesn't seem as fluid.

On 29-Jun-2018 10:33 PM, Bill Dengler wrote:
Okay, thank you.
I would say though that targeting Android makes a lot of sense. The typing situation on that platform is a lot worse than on iOS, and custom keyboards have been the norm for a lot longer as well. I also suspect that the Android system allows custom keyboard developers to hook in functionality more easily (better APIs, for example) but I am not a developer for either platform.
There is definitely a market for an improved accessible Android typing experience. Don’t write the platform off just yet!

Bill

On 30 Jun 2018, at 03:30, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
No, Fliktype is only available on iOS.
Perhaps there will be a version someday in the future, but creating such a complex app to work on so many different platforms may prove to be a daunting task.

On Jun 29, 2018, at 8:18 PM, Bill Dengler <codeofdusk@...> wrote:

Hello,
Is Flicktype available for Android? If so, is support planned?
The app is even more useful on Android than on iOS; without a “direct touch typing” setting on Android keyboards, it is merely impossible to type text efficiently. This app would definitely solve that problem!

Thanks,
Bill