Re: Android support?

Bill Dengler

Okay, thank you.
I would say though that targeting Android makes a lot of sense. The typing situation on that platform is a lot worse than on iOS, and custom keyboards have been the norm for a lot longer as well. I also suspect that the Android system allows custom keyboard developers to hook in functionality more easily (better APIs, for example) but I am not a developer for either platform.
There is definitely a market for an improved accessible Android typing experience. Don’t write the platform off just yet!

Bill

On 30 Jun 2018, at 03:30, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
No, Fliktype is only available on iOS.
Perhaps there will be a version someday in the future, but creating such a complex app to work on so many different platforms may prove to be a daunting task.

On Jun 29, 2018, at 8:18 PM, Bill Dengler <codeofdusk@...> wrote:

Hello,
Is Flicktype available for Android? If so, is support planned?
The app is even more useful on Android than on iOS; without a “direct touch typing” setting on Android keyboards, it is merely impossible to type text efficiently. This app would definitely solve that problem!

Thanks,
Bill