Re: The new flick type app

Chuck Dean

When Fleksy first came out I paid nineteen dollars and ninety nine cents as a one time purchase price. Unfortunately, even this high purchase price did not generate enough revenue to sustain the app, so they released it to the general public. 
In order to please the masses the developers had to make Fleksy appear more like a qwerty keyboard, which made Fleksy almost impossible for the visually impaired to operate. 

As you can see, a one time purchase price will have to be very expensive to fund ongoing improvements, maintenance and other languages. 

Ninety nine cents a month is surely affordable for anyone who owns an iPhone and will generate a steady revenue flow, so FlickType will not end up in the scrap heap like Fleksy. 

Chuck 

PS. Three and a half cents a day seems like a steal for a handful of magic.  😎 

On Jun 29, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hi,

On the other side of that coin, paying a one time fee of $15 and using the app for 2 or 3 years saves me that bit of extra money. Considering I am in Canada even moreso here.

I wish there was a way to get around apples greedy 35% snatched from the jar, though. I'd gladly pay with pay pal or something so the developer gets all of my money.

On 29-Jun-2018 9:23 PM, Christy S wrote:

What I think, to be honest, is that what comes out to $12 a year is more than reasonable to support ongoing development. There are apps out there that cost double that or more which may or may not continue to develop. This way if anyone chooses to no longer use the app for whatever reason, you cancel the subscription and you're done. There's no paying a good chunk for something only to find out two months later that you have wasted that money.

On 6/29/2018 9:01 PM, leonard morris wrote:
I am currently using flick type classic because I don't want to pay a 99cents monthly fee. I might reconsider if there was a yearly subscription fee or a one time life Time fee would be OK. What do you think? Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

On Jun 30, 2018, at 9:32 AM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hello,
It you are no longer beta testing FlickType, you are more than welcome to Unsubscrive from the list.
To ensure that you don't receive anymore beta notification.
Go to testflight, it FlickType and FlickType clasic is there.
Then you have the option to stop testing.
This will remove the apps from testflight and your apple id

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Keith Gillard <kgillard@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 10:50:44 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Welcome to the FlickType discussion group

I did not subscribe! I was added by the developer! When I signed up for the beta! Then the developer remove me from the beta testing since I guess I wasn’t giving any feedback! Then I unsubscribe from the mailing list but the developer has added me once again! Without my permission without any action! Not impressed! Should take this to Apple! I know that I can and sub from the link below but I want my email address out of his database so I don’t have to go through this bullshit anymore! Peace out cheers… Keith

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 8

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 5:17 PM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:
>
> Keith, This may sound like a silly question. But why did you subscribe, in the first place?
>
> Also, if you go to the bottom of the eMail, you can unsubscribe yourself.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Keith Gillard
> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:49 PM
> To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [FlickType] Welcome to the FlickType discussion group
>
> Please unsubscribe me from this group and remove my email address from your database! I’m asking nicely for now! Thank you!
>
> Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 8
>
>> On Jun 29, 2018, at 2:55 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, and welcome to our group!
>>
>> Please bear with us while we tune the group settings to make this the best place online to discuss all things FlickType. For more details about the group, and to change your subscription settings, please visit https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello.
>>
>> We hope you enjoy typing with FlickType. Thank you for your continued support, and please let us know how we can make it better for you in the future!
>>
>> Warmly,
>> Kosta and Ashley
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.