Re: My experience with FlickType Watch app post iOS 15.3 update

Chuck Dean

Another problem I had with the FlickType watch app is every time I opened it, it took over two minutes to load and then populated my FlickType Classic app with a three thousand word custom dictionary which also made FlickType Classic load very slowly. Also the iPhone got hot while each app loaded.
After many attempts I finally was able to clear the dictionary, which cleared on both apps. I deleted the FlickType watch app and only use my favorite version of FlickType... FlickType Classic.
It should be in the app store!

On Jan 27, 2022, at 10:36 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

I agree that the FlickType Watch app is better after the iOS 15.3 upgrade on my iPhone 13 Mini. However, I still noticed that the first typed word using it isn’t pronounced correctly and it doesn’t speak the period typed at the end of any sentence. It does speak later words correctly and any that are announced as predictive alternatives as you single finger flick down. It seemed much slower on my iPhone than FlickType Classic and its keyboard for typing did not seem to appear as quickly or as reliably as I would like. I uninstalled it after testing it.