Re: Refresher needed on FlickType Classic

Hi Chuck,

You’re the man. Thanks so very much. Now that I’m using Classic again, I believe I share your opinion that I like it better than the Container app. The only thing I liked about the Container app was the display of the typed letters in a super large font at the top of the screen and the ability to hear a read back of everything typed by placing two fingers on the screen. Oh, and emojis seem easier to enter with the Container app since I don’t recall whether they can even be entered with Classic.

Alan

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 12:30 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Refresher needed on FlickType Classic

Hello Alan, there are two ways to access the number key pad.

First, you can tap on the number key on the lower left corner of the typing area. This will bring up a telephone style number pad, or you can do a two finger flick right or left to cycle through the number pad, symbol panel, or back to the letter panel.

On Oct 10, 2021, at 10:16 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

I expect Chuck will be the one who can help me with this. FlickType Classic is coming back to me but I did prefer some of the functionality of the  FlickType Container app if it weren’t experiencing its current issues of not speaking word predictions. With Classic, I remember how to initiate the shortcut row by touching and holding near the top of the keyboard and sliding up and across to the desired shortcut key such as the number 5 to input numbers. What I don’t remember is whether it’s possible with Classic to bring up a number row or number keypad and if it is, how to do it and switch between it and the letter keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any directions.