Refresher needed on FlickType Classic

I expect Chuck will be the one who can help me with this. FlickType Classic is coming back to me but I did prefer some of the functionality of the  FlickType Container app if it weren’t experiencing its current issues of not speaking word predictions. With Classic, I remember how to initiate the shortcut row by touching and holding near the top of the keyboard and sliding up and across to the desired shortcut key such as the number 5 to input numbers. What I don’t remember is whether it’s possible with Classic to bring up a number row or number keypad and if it is, how to do it and switch between it and the letter keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any directions.