Re: Need help using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

Chuck Dean

😎Cool Beans!👍

On Oct 2, 2021, at 8:05 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Will do, Chuck. My new iPhone is supposed to arrive next Wednesday and I'll report back about any issues with FlickType container app downloading and I'll also check it FlickType Classic comes up in an App Store search.

Alan

with Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 9:59:17 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Need help using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

Hello Alan,
When you do get your new device I would appreciate you looking for FlickType classic to see if it is eligible for download.
Although my iPhone 8 is running fine, I suspect I will need to update in the near future.

On Oct 2, 2021, at 7:48 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for those instructions. Indeed FlickType Classic was listed under App Store purchases. I think I'll not re-download it because I'm getting ready to get a new iPhone and I don't expect Classic will be available for that new device. Anyway, the current container app is working well for me and I don't need to confuse myself with another FlickType on this iPhone.

I appreciate all your help.

Alan

with Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck DeanSent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:41 AMTo:

hello@...: Re: [FlickType] Need help using

latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

I went into settings, tapped on copy and clear on exit, and did a

three finger quadruple tap to copy the text to send to you in an email, but when I left FlickType it copied what was on the screen... Which was nothing.

As

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:24 AM, Chuck Dean via groups.io <cadean329@...> wrote:

      Yes, I understand that, but what I realized is you can’t do

anything with the text you copied without leaving Fliktype. 😎

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:22 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Thanks, Chuck. I do have the copy and clear turned on in Settings and it does work as you described. I like knowing all the available

     alternatives in case I wish to copy what I’ve just typed in the container app without closing FlickType.

     Alan

     From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck DeanSent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:14 AMTo:

     hello@...: Re: [FlickType] Need help

using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

If you have a copy and clear an exit turned on in settings, it is

unnecessary to do the three finger quadruple tap. When you leave the app, it will copy the text, and erase the text that you copied with the gesture.

However, if you do not have a copy and clear an exit turned on in settings, then you’re probably taking the easiest route.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 29, 2021, at 10:15 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Hi Chuck,

     And I followed your command gesture setting to make the two finger quadruple tap a paste which goes hand in hand with the built in

     three finger quadruple tap copy of what Voiceover last spoke.

     Alan

     From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck DeanSent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 9:38 PMTo:

     hello@...: Re: [FlickType] Need help

using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

Yes, I use that three finger quadruple tap quite a bit

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 29, 2021, at 7:35 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Hi Chuck,

The other option is to do a three finger quadruple tap to copy the

VoiceOver spoken text from the container window and paste it to the replied to email using the rotor edit button as I'm doing just now.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

with Outlook for iOS

________________

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf

of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021

8:39:41 PMTo: hello@flicktype.groups.io

<hello@flicktype.groups.io>Subject: Re: [FlickType] Need help using

latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

Hello Alan,

I have tried to use the share button to answer existing emails with no success.

What I do, as I am doing now, is type my response in the container

app, then I close the app which will copy the text to the clipboard (be sure you have this turned on in settings). Now go to the email and paste the text.

I have it set up in  settings, accessibility, voice over, commands, editing.  that a two finger quadruple tap will perform a paste.

The share button is good for starting new emails, messages, and

exporting to notes, Google, etc.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 29, 2021, at 6:12 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Hi List,

     Well, after painstakingly updating every app on my device with a new app in the App Store accept for FlickType, either

     my device or the Apple gods or something decided to update FlickType too. Now, I’ve lost my keyboard extension and I’m

     trying to figure the best way to use the container app in the way I use my device. I tend to open an email or text in

     order to reply to it and then want to type my response using the container app and copy and paste it to the appropriate

     place. If there is a way to do this with the FlickType update running in iOS 14.8, I haven’t figured out how. I get a

     share button in the container app which works fine to copy what was typed into a new message or email but doesn’t seem

     to work in replying to an existing message. I would very much appreciate any help directing me on how to do what I want

     to do with the container app.

     Thanks in advance for your help.