Re: Need help using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

Daniel McGee

Chuck, that is something that I wouldn't of thought of! Previously, I would just go to my: edit item in the rotor, find paste and double tap. But now though, think I'm gonna give the gesture a go. So neat, you learn something new everyday.☺️

On 1 Oct 2021, at 03:02, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Alan,
I just tried typing in FlickType, then I went to notes via the app switcher and did a two finger quadruple tap which pasted the text into notes.

I then used the app switcher to go back to FlickType where the text had been cleared.

No need to use the three finger quadruple tap to copy the voiceover, and actually no need to even listen to what you have just typed.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn’t, no worries, do whatever works for you! 👍

On Sep 30, 2021, at 6:51 PM, Chuck Dean via groups.io <cadean329@...> wrote:

Agreed.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 6:30 PM, Luke Davis <newanswertech@...> wrote:

I think "closing" in this context, means "leaving the app". You shouldn't need the quad tap to copy, it should do it automatically when you switch to twitter, which is closing (leaving) the Flicktype app.
Assuming you have the copy and clear setting on.

Luke
Alan Lemly wrote:

Chuck,

I’m not sure how you’re leaving FlickType to get that result. Several times today, I typed several tweets in the container app, did a three finger quadruple
tap to copy the text, opened the App switcher to go to Twitter, and pasted a new message using the two finger quadruple tap. So, I never closed FlickType
which I think is required in order to execute the copy that is in the settings.

Alan Lemly

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck DeanSent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:41 AMTo:
hello@...: Re: [FlickType] Need help using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

I went into settings, tapped on copy and clear on exit, and did a three finger quadruple tap to copy the text to send to you in an email, but when I left
FlickType it copied what was on the screen... Which was nothing.
As

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:24 AM, Chuck Dean via groups.io <cadean329@...> wrote:

      Yes, I understand that, but what I realized is you can’t do anything with the text you copied without leaving Fliktype. 😎

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:22 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Thanks, Chuck. I do have the copy and clear turned on in Settings and it does work as you described. I like knowing all the available
     alternatives in case I wish to copy what I’ve just typed in the container app without closing FlickType.

     Alan

     From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck DeanSent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 10:14 AMTo:
     hello@...: Re: [FlickType] Need help using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

If you have a copy and clear an exit turned on in settings, it is unnecessary to do the three finger quadruple tap. When you leave the app, it
will copy the text, and erase the text that you copied with the gesture.
However, if you do not have a copy and clear an exit turned on in settings, then you’re probably taking the easiest route.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 29, 2021, at 10:15 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Hi Chuck,

     And I followed your command gesture setting to make the two finger quadruple tap a paste which goes hand in hand with the built in
     three finger quadruple tap copy of what Voiceover last spoke.

     Alan

     From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck DeanSent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 9:38 PMTo:
     hello@...: Re: [FlickType] Need help using latest FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

 Yes, I use that three finger quadruple tap quite a bit

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 29, 2021, at 7:35 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Hi Chuck,

The other option is to do a three finger quadruple tap to copy the VoiceOver spoken text from the container window and paste it to
the replied to email using the rotor edit button as I'm doing just now.

Thanks for your help.

Alan

with Outlook for iOS
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>Sent: Wednesday, September
29, 2021 8:39:41 PMTo: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>Subject: Re: [FlickType] Need help using latest
FlickType Watch/Container app after inadvertent update

Hello Alan,
I have tried to use the share button to answer existing emails with no success.
What I do, as I am doing now, is type my response in the container app, then I close the app which will copy the text to the
clipboard (be sure you have this turned on in settings). Now go to the email and paste the text.
I have it set up in  settings, accessibility, voice over, commands, editing.  that a two finger quadruple tap will perform a paste.
The share button is good for starting new emails, messages, and exporting to notes, Google, etc.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

     On Sep 29, 2021, at 6:12 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

     Hi List,

     Well, after painstakingly updating every app on my device with a new app in the App Store accept for FlickType, either
     my device or the Apple gods or something decided to update FlickType too. Now, I’ve lost my keyboard extension and I’m
     trying to figure the best way to use the container app in the way I use my device. I tend to open an email or text in
     order to reply to it and then want to type my response using the container app and copy and paste it to the appropriate
     place. If there is a way to do this with the FlickType update running in iOS 14.8, I haven’t figured out how. I get a
     share button in the container app which works fine to copy what was typed into a new message or email but doesn’t seem
     to work in replying to an existing message. I would very much appreciate any help directing me on how to do what I want
     to do with the container app.

     Thanks in advance for your help.