Re: Need to confirm my understanding of FlickType container availability in iOS 15 and on new iDevices

Chuck,

That’s good to know and I’ll get used to typing with the container app again. Keeping it running in the app switcher will enable me to type about as quickly as I can with the FlickType keyboard in full screen mode. And thanks for recapping how the punctuation is currently handled.

Alan

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 11:28 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Need to confirm my understanding of FlickType container availability in iOS 15 and on new iDevices

Hello Alan,

Yes, it has always been Kosta's intention to keep an accessible version of FlickType in the app store.

BTW: when you are typing in the container app and you flick right to insert a period, the container app will repeat the last word you typed, instead of saying period, but it does insert the period. If you flick down you will hear. Comma, question mark, etc. And when you flick back up you will hear comma, period.

This is a little glitch that will be fixed in the future.

On Sep 25, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for sharing your exchange with Kosta. This is very encouraging because unless I’m misreading something, he intends for the container app to remain in the App Store. I assume it will continue as part of the FlickType watch app as it was with the last update. I hope his dispute with Apple over their latest watch and its quick path functionality doesn’t torpedo access to the container app in the future. I can type so much faster having access to FlickType and it would be a shame to lose it.

Alan