Hello all

I see that there is a new version of FlickType  in the App Store.  V2021.10,

Besides the obvious,, removing the extension to type in all apps, has there been improvements with  VO in the relation to the standard app and iOS 15.

On 22 Sep 2021, at 06:38, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Yes, I agree that I’m in no hurry to upgrade to iOS 15 primarily because of concerns of what it might do to FlickType.

Thanks for clarifying that your FlickType issues have been present across multiple iOS versions.

Alan Lemly

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Speck via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 8:07 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] iOS 15 and flick type

I've always experienced these issues in the mail app so noticed no change on my devices. I sent the second message because I had more opportunity to test and wanted to share my findings for others who had questions especially regarding the classic app. I'm happy that it worked better for you in 14.8. The classic app will be my go to app from now on. If you've had zero issues with the system wide keyboard then I'd say you probably should not upgrade not for fear of losing the app but for fear of losing the very good behavior that you are currently enjoying.

On Sep 21, 2021, at 5:42 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Dave,

I'm having difficulty reconciling your comments below with the following you made in an earlier post:

I upgraded and am using flick type to compose this message on the system wide keyboard. It seems to be working exactly as it did before on my device. I haven't yet tried the container app  or the classic version but I see no reason why they wouldn't work. Of course if it is not installed on your device before you upgrade you probably won’t have it after you upgrade. Anyone should expect that. Just thought you would all like to know. Have a great day.

So, are you saying that with FlickType running under iOS 14.x that you had the same issues with FlickType not speaking the predictive alternatives completely nor in speaking deletions completely? FlickType under iOS 14.8 works great for me with prediction alternatives and with deleting words.

Please help me understand whether upgrading to iOS 15 affected the performance of FlickType on your device because I’m a bit confused based on your previous two posts.

Thanks.

Hi, I also noticed that while using the systemwide keyboard, the words typed are not always spoken completely. Also, as mentioned in another reply, flicking up and down through Suggestions only reads the first or last letter of the words selected  Flicking left to delete words only says space if anything at all. The behavior seems to be the same in the container app. The classic version however still behaves as it always has. Everything is spoken as I would expect. I’ll probably start using that one more consistently since the behavior appears to be more on Target and consistent.