Re: Punctuation Voiceover hints needed and Direct Touch question was RE: [FlickType] Have any FlickType keyboard users upgraded to iOS 14.8?

Chuck Dean

Hello Ellen,
I believe that slide type is a little bit like Fliktype, we are only supposed to approximate the letter, and then move to the next one. My experience is that once you select the first letter and you get the pass-through sound, then you can quickly move to the general area where the other letters are, and you will hear suggestions of what word it things you are trying to type.
I’ve been trying to slide type a little bit, and I think with some extra practice, it might be usable. Go

On Sep 18, 2021, at 7:49 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Luke,

Thanks so much for the additional details about your direct touch experience. I'm impressed with your error rate while using direct touch. I don't believe I'd ever only make 11 errors when direct touching a 60 plus character sentence. It's encouraging to learn that others are successfully using direct touch so I'll keep a positive attitude about it and keep practicing with what is available. I especially intend to practice slide to type. I really wish it were possible to have a setting that would allow VoiceOver to quickly speak each letter as your finger is sliding over it that would enable those of us using our ears to stop on the correct letter before moving to the next one. I expect this might be too difficult to implement or take more resources than currently available in these devices.

I very much appreciate your helpful replies and happy typing.

Alan Lemly

with Outlook for iOS