Re: Have any FlickType keyboard users upgraded to iOS 14.8?

Hi Eileen,

I just updated my SE 2020 to iOS 14.8 and am happy to report that my flicktype keyboard is still working just fine. I don't believe that will be the case with iOS 15 so I will be in no hurry to upgrade to it.

A few years back, you could use iTunes to download apps to your local computer and carry them forward to a new device. However, Apple changed that approach as they moved more to cloud based orientation and now all apps transferred to a new device must come from the App Store. The names of your installed apps do transfer to the new device as do their installed screen locations but the app itself must download from the App Store and if it's no longer there, you're out of luck. I experienced this with a money reader app that I had on an old device that was no longer in the App Store when I upgraded to my iPhone SE 2020 so that app is no longer on my device.

Alan 

with Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Eileen Misrahi <eileen.misrahi@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 1:58:32 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Have any FlickType keyboard users upgraded to iOS 14.8?

Hi Alan and All,

I’m using a 6S, with 14.8. I have been able to use FlickType in FB to post on a time line and in the Message app to send a text message. I believe you are correct Alan that the apps are stored in the cloud and not in iTunes. At one point, I thought you could setup a new iPhone from the old one,  but I’m not 100% sure about that.

Best,
Eileen

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.