From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 8:08:02 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Discontinuing FlickType Keyboard for iPhone

Hello Kosta,
This truly is sad news, especially since you broke your promise to me.
Before Theodore was born, and Ashley had her health problems, you asked me to be an alpha tester for Flicktype. I was somewhat reluctant to spend time with the app  after seeing what happened to Fleksy. You assured me that you were totally committed to the Flicktype app, and would fight for it no matter what to keep it in the App Store forever!
After hearing this I decided to become an alpha tester, and I spent many hours working with you and other people to try to make Flicktype a great app.
Also, as a beta tester and moderator, I spent a lot of time helping other beta testers understand the new incarnations of Flicktype, and explaining to people what the differences were. Through many Test Flight trials, a great app was developed.

I also defended Flicktype like a lioness  defending her cubs. I explained many times why apps built for the visually impaired community did not have the same revenue as other apps, and why it was necessary for her to have a higher dollar value, or a subscription price.

When you developed the watch app, you actually called me on the phone and we talked for about an hour and a half  and how the watch app could be developed and used by visually impaired people.
When you released the watch app, to the general public, many people came on the Internet and said this was the end of  Flicktype.They feared the same thing was going to happen to Flicktype that happened to Fleksy once the general public started using it, it would stop being accessible. I explain to these people that I thought the reason why you were allowing the Apple Watch app to go public is because you would use the revenue to support the Flicktype app for the visually impaired.
Your answer was “bingo”.

I guess the most disappointing thing to me is I’m usually a pretty good judge of character.
I hate when I’m wrong.

Chuck

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 1:41 PM FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
It's with a heavy heart that we're announcing the discontinuation of our award-winning iPhone keyboard.

Apple has thrown us obstacle after obstacle for years while we try to provide an app to improve people's lives, and we can no longer endure their abuse.

Read more about our announcement below, and thank you to everyone who has supported us over the years:

https://twitter.com/FlickType/status/1427292830523744257?s=20