Re: This is a horrible sad day

JP Shandra <blindambition777@...>

Yes, the choice of the developer. Who indeed has filed suit against Apple. I’m not disputing that, but no response to developer app rejection is a bad faith effort on Apple’s part.

On Aug 16, 2021, at 1:11 PM, Gordon <gordon@gordonradio.com> wrote:

So I wonder if the app is going to completely stop working for everyone? Or will we be able to continue to use it if we already have it installed?
On Aug 16, 2021, at 3:08 PM, Ed Worrell via groups.io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Please also remember that the developer is removing the app from the store, not Apple. The blame doesn’t fall on Apple for this one.

The developer is also in a lawsuit with Apple, this all was the developers decision.

Ed

On Aug 16, 2021, at 2:05 PM, JP Shandra <blindambition777@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw the developer announcement, along with the multiple tech blogs announcing the news.
It is certainly a sad day for the blind community. This keyboard has enriched my typing experience on iPhone and Apple Watch… Going all the way back to the first encarnation Fleksy.
Yet again, Apple has screwed up royally. Quite the theme this year. All the blogs have focused on the fact that the keyboard was initially designed with the blind community in mind. That’s not looking too good for Apple’s constant spouting of their dedication to Accessibility.
Best,
JP

On Aug 16, 2021, at 12:40 PM, Gordon <gordon@gordonradio.com> wrote:
So the announcement has been made that flick type will be removed from the app store. Not by Apple, but the folks who created it because of Apple's horrible treatment. This is a bad day for us blind users who really depend on this keyboard every single day. I'm really sad about this, but I completely understand after what the folks have had to deal with over the years.