Re: Help After iOS Update

Chuck Dean

hello Scott,
Please be sure you have a slide to type turned off. This keyboard and the Fliktype keyboard do not play well together.

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Mar 28, 2021, at 11:22 PM, Field, S. (Scott) <ScottF@...> wrote:

Hi

Thank you for the information about the difference between direct touch and direct touch typing, this iwas new information to me.  I checked and all my apps on my phone are set to direct touch.  I found this in Settings>Accessibility>Voice Over>Rotor  Actions>Direct Touch. 

Since updating to IOS14 which I did when it first came out, I have been unable to use FlickType with VO on.  I have turned voice feedback on in FlickType and toggle VO off as soon as I need to type something.

I am completely at a loss as to why I experience this if others are finding it to work.  I mainly use whatsapp, Do other find FlickType with VO on to work in Whatsapp?  I can type the first word, but cannot swipe right with one finger to proceed to the next word without having to reengaging FlickType and even then the focus is all over the place.  I am using an iPhone 11. 

Thank you

Scott

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Shawn Krasniuk via groups.io <bbsshawn@...>
Date: Sunday, 28 March 2021 at 09:34
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Help After iOS Update

CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER - Please be careful when opening links and attachments. Nedbank - IT Information Security Department (ISD)

Hi Benny. Direct Touch and Direct Touch typing are two different things. Direct Touch Typing is for the iOS keyboard and has nothing to do with Flicktype. Direct Touch is a new feature that Apple introduced in iOS 14 which allows Voiceover users to use self-voicing apps without having to turn Voiceover off. In iOS 14, Flicktype needs direct touch on to be able to work with your apps. You'll need to turn it on for every app you use Flicktype with. Hope that clears things up.

Regards,
Shawn,
Sent from Sophia, the MacBook Air

Want to join my WhatsApp groups such as Echo Enthusiasts, Accessibility Matters, Mac Users And Newbies or the Tech Zone? Send me a private email with your contact information and the group you wish to join and I'll happily add you.

Facebook Username: Shawn Krasniuk
Twitter Handle: shawnk_aka_bbs
Skype username: bbstheblindrapper
Facetime: bbsshawn@...

On Mar 27, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

Hello Tony,

I think the main problem for me was going from iOS 13 to 14.4.2.  With iOS 13 I have not had the issue with having to activate direct touch typing with the rotor.  Also, when I updated to 14.4.2, slide to type was on and I think that created an issue as well.  I had to make sure full access was on for FlickType too.  In retrospect, I think it was an issue with about 3 different things.

1.       full access needed to be turned on for FlickType

2.       slide to type needed to be turned off

3.       direct touch typing needed to be enabled on the rotor when VoiceOver and FlickType were active

These were the items that were causing me the problem.

Benny

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io On Behalf Of Tony Hernandez
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:02 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io

Hi Benny,

What was your solution, in case others come across the same problem?

Sent from my mobile device 

On Mar 27, 2021, at 2:59 PM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

Kosta,

I finally got flicktype to work. All is good. Thanks.

Benny   

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Kosta Eleftheriou <kostas.eleftheriou@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 11:03:59 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>

Hi Benny,

When FlickType has VoiceOver focus, please try enabling Direct Touch from the rotor menu and see if that helps.

- Kosta

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:01 AM Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

I have just updated to iOS 14.4.2 and I cannot get FlickType to work.  Whenever I get into an edit area, FlickType activates, but I cannot get it to enter any text.  As I move around the screen, all I get is feedback from each character as for example Cap A, Cap B and etc.  I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again, but the same thing occurs.  It is totally useless as is.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Benny

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.