Re: TestFlight process and issues

Brandon Cross

It's pretty straightforward, you get the Test Flight app from the app
store, go through its first time setup. You then apply for beta testing
with whatever projects you wish via the means they've asked you to do so.
Once you get an email from a project you've applied to test, there's a
button in there, click the button, it goes right to Test Flight and you're
good to go, hit download for the first time and that's it.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: My apologies. The link in the email displays as "View in
TestFlight", but VoiceOver announces it as "Start testing". That was
totally unexpected.]

Hi all,

As the demand for the beta is increasing, so are the support requests
relating to issues with installing the beta for the first time through
TestFlight.

Perhaps the most common issue is that it is not so obvious that you need
to use the "Start testing" link in the initial email you get.

Anyone who had any trouble installing the beta from TestFlight, if you did
manage to complete the process successfully in the end, could you please
share any tips that might be helpful for other folks? Eventually, we'd like
to take those and compile them into a permanent page here in the Wiki as
well as other places, in order to ensure the onboarding process for the
beta is as smooth as can be.

Thank you!