Re: Help After iOS Update

Benny Barber

Hello Tony,

I think the main problem for me was going from iOS 13 to 14.4.2.  With iOS 13 I have not had the issue with having to activate direct touch typing with the rotor.  Also, when I updated to 14.4.2, slide to type was on and I think that created an issue as well.  I had to make sure full access was on for FlickType too.  In retrospect, I think it was an issue with about 3 different things.

1. full access needed to be turned on for FlickType
  2. slide to type needed to be turned off
  3. direct touch typing needed to be enabled on the rotor when VoiceOver and FlickType were active

These were the items that were causing me the problem.

Benny

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io On Behalf Of Tony Hernandez
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:02 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Help After iOS Update

Hi Benny,

What was your solution, in case others come across the same problem?

Sent from my mobile device 

On Mar 27, 2021, at 2:59 PM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

Kosta,

I finally got flicktype to work. All is good. Thanks.

Benny   

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Kosta Eleftheriou <kostas.eleftheriou@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2021 11:03:59 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Help After iOS Update

Hi Benny,

When FlickType has VoiceOver focus, please try enabling Direct Touch from the rotor menu and see if that helps.

- Kosta

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:01 AM Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

I have just updated to iOS 14.4.2 and I cannot get FlickType to work.  Whenever I get into an edit area, FlickType activates, but I cannot get it to enter any text.  As I move around the screen, all I get is feedback from each character as for example Cap A, Cap B and etc.  I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again, but the same thing occurs.  It is totally useless as is.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Benny

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.