Re: iOS 14 and my FlickType full screen workarounds was RE: Full screen versus non full screen mode: - was - RE: [FlickType] App Not Working In 3rd Party

Chuck Dean

Hello Allen and Pete,
As I have said before, I use FlickType in the standard configuration, and when I want to use the full screen mode, I simply turned my iPhone into landscape. Of course, you have to have the lock rotation button turned off in the control panel. This gives me the advantage of using FlickType in the standard mode being able to navigate whatever I’m typing in, and then when I want to type something long such as a message I turn it into landscape mode, and I have all the advantages in full screen mode.

On Jan 5, 2021, at 4:12 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Pete,

What I intended to say in my previous note was that I use the standard US English keyboard as my default and use it for entering short text such as passwords and search terms. I'm not aware of a shortcut for switching between the FlickType full screen keyboard and the FlickType regular sized keyboard. This has to be done through the FlickType settings as far as I'm aware and takes a few steps.

Alan Lemly

with Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 2:20:55 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: iOS 14 and my FlickType full screen workarounds was RE: Full screen versus non full screen mode: - was - RE: [FlickType] App Not Working In 3rd Party

In a previous note you mentioned that you use the flicktype on screen keyboard for entering short text as for a password but that for most typing you use the flicktype full screen keyboard.  Is there an easy way of switching back and forth between the on screen and full screen keyboard for Flicktype?

Thanks.

--Pete