Re: Still Occasionally Wind Up With Touch Typing Off

Hi Pete,

I've noticed the same thing with FlickType on my SE 2020 running iOS 14.0.1. I've been unable to determine any pattern regarding what causes it to stop working but when it does, I've been losing what I've typed in that session and have had to go into Settings, General, Keyboard, and delete the FlickType keyboard and reinstall it to get things working again. I've posted a couple of times here about the issue but haven't seen anything from Kosta or from anyone else with a workaround.

Alan Lemly

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Torpey
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2020 9:29 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Still Occasionally Wind Up With Touch Typing Off

I am running iOS 14.1 on an iPhone XR with Voiceover.

I am still occasionally seeing the issue that, when I try to use Flicktype, touch Typing seems to be turned off and Flicktype won’t work properly until I turn this off in the rotor setting.

This seems to mostly happen when I try to Share a news article from the Apple News app via a text message or e-mail.

Mostly Flicktype works as expected, but sometimes seems to get into this mode where Touch Typing is automatically turned off.

Can anything be done about that?

Thanks.

--Pete