Re: Still Occasionally Wind Up With Touch Typing Off

Gordon

I'm running IOS 14.2 beta 2 you you have to turn direct touch on every single time you want to use flick type. This is obviously an Apple thing that they need to address.

On 10/5/2020 9:28 PM, Peter Torpey wrote:

I am running iOS 14.1 on an iPhone XR with Voiceover.

I am still occasionally seeing the issue that, when I try to use Flicktype, touch Typing seems to be turned off and Flicktype won’t work properly until I turn this off in the rotor setting.

This seems to mostly happen when I try to Share a news article from the Apple News app via a text message or e-mail.

Mostly Flicktype works as expected, but sometimes seems to get into this mode where Touch Typing is automatically turned off.

Can anything be done about that?

Thanks.

--Pete