Re: Direct touch and flick type

Gordon

You're not going to find it in rotor settings. It only comes up in certain circumstances. And when it does come up, it will appear in the rotor where you can turn it on or off. I was a bit surprised to see it come up with flick type because the keyboard isn't a self voicing app. Direct touch will come up most likely if you're playing a game which is self voicing and doesn't use voice over as a screen reader. It's supposed to serve as a way to temporarily ignore voice over as if you turned it off while interacting with an app.

On 9/23/2020 12:32 AM, Alan Lemly wrote:
Okay. Can you direct me where exactly I find direct touch in the iOS 14 settings? You mention something about setting it in the rotor but I went through all the Voiceover rotor items and saw nothing about direct touch.

Thanks.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gordon
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:48 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Direct touch and flick type

No this is direct touch and has nothing to do with typing. Direct touch is used a lot in self voicing gaming apps and other areas where voice over wont be handling commands and passes those through to the app.

On 9/22/2020 10:41 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
I have my typing style set to touch typing and have always had it set that way and haven't experienced any issues when using FlickType. I don't remember direct touch typing ever being a requirement for FlickType.