Re: Direct touch and flick type

I have my typing style set to touch typing and have always had it set that way and haven't experienced any issues when using FlickType. I don't remember direct touch typing ever being a requirement for FlickType.

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gordon
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 9:42 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Direct touch and flick type

Actually it's strange, I don't have to turn direct touch on each time I use flick type, but I do for Vorail. I wonder if this is something that Apple is going to have to change on their end?
On 9/22/2020 9:39 PM, Peter Torpey wrote:
Yes, same problem here. Direct Touch seems to get set to "off" when Flicktype is invoked under iOS 14. Even if you turn it "on", the next time you try to use Flicktype it will be turned "off" again automatically. Fortunately the workaround is easy, but hopefully this can be fixed in the app.

--Pete