Re: FlickType question or suggestion

JP Shandra

Hey Randy,
Glad to hear you got it figured out. Happy typing!
Best,
JP

On Jan 19, 2020, at 4:46 PM, Randy Borst via Groups.Io <Reborst1@...> wrote:

I have solved my problem with being unable to bring up the FlickType keyboard. My error was that I wasn't holding down the second tap long enough to bring up the context menu. I have it now as went default keyboard...

On Jan 19, 2020, at 10:57 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

I am using standard typing with FlickType and VoiceOver as I type this email.
Harry

On 19 Jan 2020, at 15:02, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello
touch typing or direct touch must be enabled for Flicktype to work. Use the rotor and select touch typing or direct touch

On Jan 19, 2020, at 7:01 AM, Randy Borst via Groups.Io <Reborst1@...> wrote:

Thanks JP,

I did verify "full access," though the Apple note under that setting indicates that it is for purposes of allowing the developer to transmit all the information I type, including passwords and addresses. That doesn't trouble me in this case, but still, I don't think that has anything to do with the keyboard's having access to the user.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter how I have that setting. I still can't get the keyboard up anymore. Once, when I tap the next keyboard button, the iPhone said "Flick type." The keyboard didn't come up though.

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, and that didn't work either.

I thought maybe the problem started when I installed flick type on my Apple Watch, but removing it from there didn't change anything either.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?

On Jan 18, 2020, at 1:36 PM, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hi Randy,
Check to see that Full Access is enabled in Keyboards under Settings. Also, make sure that you are either using Touch or Direct Touch typing. Restart device. HTH
Best,
JP

On Jan 18, 2020, at 10:29 AM, Randy Borst via Groups.Io <Reborst1@...> wrote:

I am new to the group, so please excuse me if I am asking a common question that is frequently repeated.

I have been a subscriber for some time, but hadn't used the app in a couple months or so. Now, suddenly, I can't get the Flicktype keyboard to come up. The "swipe up and hold" gesture doesn't work, and the keyboard is not in my keyboard rotor. The rotor just goes from the regular English keyboard to emoji keyboard and then back.

I have the latest production version and I keep my iOS versions up to date automatically.

Thanks,

Randy Borst

Amherst, New York