Re: Suggestion & Question

Chuck Dean

BTW do to Apple limitations text replacements do not work in the FlickType container app, they only work while using flicktype in other text fields.

On Jan 19, 2020, at 12:42 PM, Shaun P. <shaunjp@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if I'm posting in wrong place. :)
Firstly, I'm unable to get the text replacement function to work? I've set it to on in the settings and the text replacements I've already got defined work fine in the standard iOS keyboard, but not in FlickType.
Is there a trick to it? I'm tapping out the replacement shortcut a character at a time and then swiping to the right with one finger but nothing is replaced.

Thanks,

Now for a suggestion. I've noticed the 3 finger swipe to move forward or back a line at a time is inconsistant or just not working at all in some places. How about ditching the gesture altogether and simply have a 2 finger swipe and hold to jump through each word at a high speed? I think that when FlickType is in standard size mode there is more of a chance of pushing focus outside of the keyboard with 3 finger gestures. Just my 2 cents.

And while I'm at it... For FlickType on the Apple Watch, the swipe down to read what you've typed really throws me out. After using the iOS version for so long, swiping down for word alternatives is now muscle memory. Keeping as many gestures consistant between platforms would be cool.

Thanks and keep up the good work!