Re: Suggestion & Question

After you enter your shortcut for the text replacement, flick right. If this isn't correct, flick down until the suggestion is correct.
I find that when I manually type my two letter shortcuts, the proper text replacement is one or two suggestions down. If you type the two letter shortcut using your regular typing style often the text replacement will be first. Also, if you manually type the two letter shortcut it will be entered into the dictionary and then will always be the first suggestion.☹️

The two and three finger navigation have been problematic in iOS 13, and the developer is aware of this problem. It may be fixed in the next update.

The change to the watch app for suggestion selection was to improve consistency with the flicktype app for the visually impaired and for flicktype notes app which is aimed at the sighted community to generate funds to keep flicktype alive!

I agree, I have been flicking down for other suggestions, but I am sure I will eventually use the digital crown. It's just a new learning curve... But worth it in the long run.

Have a great day!👍

On Jan 19, 2020, at 12:42 PM, Shaun P. <shaunjp@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if I'm posting in wrong place. :)
Firstly, I'm unable to get the text replacement function to work? I've set it to on in the settings and the text replacements I've already got defined work fine in the standard iOS keyboard, but not in FlickType.
Is there a trick to it? I'm tapping out the replacement shortcut a character at a time and then swiping to the right with one finger but nothing is replaced.

Thanks,

Now for a suggestion. I've noticed the 3 finger swipe to move forward or back a line at a time is inconsistant or just not working at all in some places. How about ditching the gesture altogether and simply have a 2 finger swipe and hold to jump through each word at a high speed? I think that when FlickType is in standard size mode there is more of a chance of pushing focus outside of the keyboard with 3 finger gestures. Just my 2 cents.

And while I'm at it... For FlickType on the Apple Watch, the swipe down to read what you've typed really throws me out. After using the iOS version for so long, swiping down for word alternatives is now muscle memory. Keeping as many gestures consistant between platforms would be cool.

Thanks and keep up the good work!