Re: Dictionary management help needed

Chuck Dean

Hi Alan,
After spending hours weeding out my dictionary, I got my load time down to about 16 seconds. When the Fliktype version came out with a clear dictionary I said to heck with it and cleared my dictionary. Now everything opens better runs faster, and when I need to I enter the words as I have to. However I’ve decided that once a week I’m going to go into my dictionary and clear out the stuff that’s not supposed to be there you don’t miss spell words etc. Perhaps this will save me from the dredge of all the clutter.

On Jan 18, 2020, at 9:53 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and List,

I'm running FlickType 5.2 which I believe is the latest version available from the Apps Store. I've got over two thousand words in my dictionary which causes an over 20 second delay in loading the FlickType container app. I have no intention of clearing these custom dictionary entries since that seems self-defeating for even having a custom dictionary. However, it is extremely time consuming attempting to edit these entries on an iDevice since I have to swipe between characters and actions in order to get a spelling of each entry regarding capitalization, etc. and then rotoring back to actions if I wish to delete it. How possible would it be to allow an export and import of a text file of dictionary entries so they could be edited much more quickly using a computer? I'm guessing this may not be feasible because I thought I remembered an export option in previous versions that seems to be gone now. I don't ever recall seeing an option to import a custom dictionary.

If anyone has any suggestions to speed up the editing of the custom dictionary, I'd welcome them. Also, Kosta, if you could comment on how difficult it would be to allow import of a custom dictionary list, that would also be appreciated.