Re: Confused about "in app purchases" in app store description

Chuck Dean

Hello George,
Fliktype is $2.99 USD, for anyone who’s never downloaded it before. If you haven’t downloaded it on your work phone, and it doesn’t use the same Apple ID, you will have to pay the price.

On Jan 13, 2020, at 8:08 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Peter,
I tried to get  flick type for my work phone.
When I searched for flick type in the App Store, it said $4.99 Australian on the product page. Don’t know why they haven’t removed it yet.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:06:07 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: [FlickType] Confused about "in app purchases" in app store description

I am confused about the “in app purchases” mentioned in the description of the new Flicktype app.  I thought Flicktype had moved to a non-subscription model and that its use only required a one time purchase price of $2.99.

However the app store entry states:

In-App Purchases

 Use inside all apps$0.99

  1. Use inside all apps$11.99

This implies that the $2.99 isn’t as functional as the current Flicktype app and that there is an extra charge for unlocking it to be used with all apps.  Plus both of these options look the same.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

--Pete