Re: Seeking comments of FlickType upgraders before taking the plunge

Chuck Dean

Hello Benny,
To edit any subscription, go to settings, at the very top of the settings page you’ll find your name. Double tap on your name, flick right until you hear subscriptions. I believe it is  the fourth item down, double tap on subscriptions find  the subscription you want to edit, and follow the prompts.

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Jan 12, 2020, at 4:52 AM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

I was going to upgrade to the latest version of Flicktype, but I do not see how I unsubscribe from the current version.  Can someone give me the instructions on how to unsubscribe?  Thanks.

Benny

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kosta Eleftheriou
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 2:02 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Seeking comments of FlickType upgraders before taking the plunge

Hi Alan,

To clarify, existing subscribers will also be able to keep using the app with no additional cost. In fact, once you update, you should be able to cancel your subscription and still be able to use the app forever.

This last update brings no significant changes to the way the keyboard works in all text fields, so won't be missing anything if you don't update now. I have removed a lot of bloat from it though, so if anything, some things should be better.

- Kosta

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

I depend on FlickType heavily for input into my iPhone and since it's working fine for me, I'm looking for comments from those who installed yesterday's upgrade as to how it works before I upgrade.

Also, Kosta wrote the following in a recent post:

"I should also note that we have dropped the subscription and the app is now $2.99. Additionally, anyone who previously downloaded the app and didn't purchase a subscription should now be able to get the app for free"

I'm assuming this means that those of us who have been subscribed to the FlickType app will also be able to get the latest upgrade for free. It would seem to me that since my subscription entitled me to use the product during the subscription period, I need to pay the $2.99 now in order to purchase the latest version. This just makes economic sense so please no flamers for my raising this question.

Perhaps Kosta can clarify the new app purchase for previous subscribers and also ensure that it will work as the previous version did in all text fields.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their experience with the FlickType upgrade. And I don't have an Apple watch so I'm not interested in the separation of it into a standalone app.

Alan Lemly

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.