Re: Dictionary questions

Tony Hernandez

If you type a word manually anywhere that isn't in the dictionary, it goes into the dictionary even if it's misspelled. I go in there every now and then and clean out words that I thought were spelled correctly when I entered them manually only to find they were misspelled. This appears to have been the behavior for at least the previous version. Voiceover says "misspelled" in such cases. I'm aware of no way to disable it, so I just have to be careful and do a little cleaning on occasion.

On 1/12/2020 9:04 AM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel wrote:

Hi.
I can enter words in the dictionary by typing Them in settings/ dictionary, but flicking up after typing a word manually in the app does not seem to work anymore. Furthermore, I discovered words in the dictionary that I had not entered at all. Can someone tell me if things have changed in recent versions about the way the dictionary works?
All the best,
JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet