Re: Seeking comments of FlickType upgraders before taking the plunge

Shawn Krasniuk

Hey everyone. Welcome back Kosta. That's cool about the app being free for subscribers. I've got a few questions for you. I have the app displayed in the standard screen layout and text announcements are turned off. When I was a part of the beta program for Flicktype, if you had the screen size set to standard and text announcements were turned off, it looked like as if you were typing using the iOS keyboard because there was no black box above the keyboard. So my first question is now that subscriptions are a thing of the past, once my subscription ends, will that black box above the keyboard disappear and it behaves like it did in the beta?
My 2nd question to you is actually in regards to betas. Do you think it's worth it to re-sign up for the betas now that there are no subscriptions? If so, is there a redeem code I can enter as the last beta expired?
Lastly, this is in response to Jessica's issue in regards to entering double digit numbers that have the same digits. I'm not having this issue here as I was able to enter the number 11 with no problems. Which app are you experiencing this on and how are you entering number mode?

Regards,
Shawn,
Sent from Sophia, the MacBook Air

Want to join my WhatsApp groups such as Echo Enthusiasts, Accessibility Matters or my new group, Mac Users And Newbies? Send me a private email with your contact information and I'll happily add you.

Facebook Username: Shawn Krasniuk
Twitter Handle: shawnk_aka_bbs
Skype username: bbstheblindrapper
Facetime: bbsshawn@...

On Jan 11, 2020, at 2:19 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,

Thanks so much for this clarification. I'm so glad that you are back in action again and all the best to you, Ashley, and your family.

Alan

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kosta Eleftheriou
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 2:02 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Seeking comments of FlickType upgraders before taking the plunge

Hi Alan,

To clarify, existing subscribers will also be able to keep using the app with no additional cost. In fact, once you update, you should be able to cancel your subscription and still be able to use the app forever.

This last update brings no significant changes to the way the keyboard works in all text fields, so won't be missing anything if you don't update now. I have removed a lot of bloat from it though, so if anything, some things should be better.

- Kosta

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:
Hi List,

I depend on FlickType heavily for input into my iPhone and since it's working fine for me, I'm looking for comments from those who installed yesterday's upgrade as to how it works before I upgrade.

Also, Kosta wrote the following in a recent post:

"I should also note that we have dropped the subscription and the app is now $2.99. Additionally, anyone who previously downloaded the app and didn't purchase a subscription should now be able to get the app for free"

I'm assuming this means that those of us who have been subscribed to the FlickType app will also be able to get the latest upgrade for free. It would seem to me that since my subscription entitled me to use the product during the subscription period, I need to pay the $2.99 now in order to purchase the latest version. This just makes economic sense so please no flamers for my raising this question.

Perhaps Kosta can clarify the new app purchase for previous subscribers and also ensure that it will work as the previous version did in all text fields.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their experience with the FlickType upgrade. And I don't have an Apple watch so I'm not interested in the separation of it into a standalone app.

Alan Lemly

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.