Re: Beta expiring soon

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi

I think Kosta was very clear the last time he sent the group an update.  The app is not financially viable and he has a family to support and so would need to focus on income generating operations.  Who of us can blame him, I certainly can’t. 

FlickType is the best  keyboard for the visually impaired by far.  It is not dead as the version in the app store works very well with the odd bug, but for everyday use it is a game changer for us and for that I would like to sincerely thank Kosta and Ashley. 

The last time the app was about to expire on the beta testing cycle an update came through just in time, I am not convinced there were any major bug fixes, I felt it was a kind person sharing his hard work for people to use for free for a time.  I really don’t understand the negativity that is directed towards them by some members of this group. 

Thank you Kosta and Ashley for a brilliant app. 

Regards

Scott

From: <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of George Cham <George.cham@...>
Reply to: "hello@flicktype.groups.io" <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, 06 November 2019 at 22:29
To: "hello@flicktype.groups.io" <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Beta expiring soon

CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER - Please be careful when opening links and attachments. Nedbank - IT Information Security Department (ISD)

Hi,

My gut instinct is that FlickType is dead,

Even though the developer has had issues of the last couple of months, I would’ve thought that and email from the developer by now would have told us what was going on.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:50:46 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Beta expiring soon

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️
>
>
>

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.