Re: Annual subscription

Chuck Dean

 I am such a horrible typist, I have adopted flicktype as my go to keyboard for all my typing needs.
Even when I am typing on my Mac mini, I use flicktype on my iPhone in the Simple Notes app, then open the note on the Mac and copy and paste the text into whatever I need.
To those of you who can type, this probably sounds labor intensive, but it is at least twice as fast for me.😎

On Sep 13, 2019, at 8:34 AM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Dear Kosta and Ashley

Words can't describe how this keyboard assists me in  using IOS for whatever task is at hand.

However, health and family  must come first before anything else.

So do all take very good care of yourselves and return to the project when you feel ready.

P.S.
For the sake of it, I'm just gonna let my subscription auto renew for the coming year purely for support of the keyboard regardless of updates  being less often.

Happy typing to all!

Daniel

On 13 Sep 2019, at 14:00, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

Kosta,
Thank you for FlickType. It has been a blessing to be able to type with this keyboard. The users of this keyboard feel like we can type just as well as the sighted. I hope that you will continue your work on FlickType and make it an even better keyboard. I appreciate all your hard work. I definitely would be willing to pay a higher fee for this app. I hope Ashley is doing better and will continue to do so. Thank you.
Benny Barber

On Sep 12, 2019, at 9:28 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Ashley and myself have been overwhelmed in recent months, primarily due to Ashley's health-related issues. She was hospitalized a while back but she's back home now. Most of the work I started has been put on hold.

Additionally, I wanted to let you all know that the total revenue generated by FlickType has been very little, barely enough to cover administrative expenses -- we are only doing this to serve the community.

That said, I do plan to see if it's possible to make it work with iOS 13. People are reporting that all 3rd-party keyboards are non-responsive with VoiceOver, and my experience has been similar, which sounds like a real show-stopper. I will have to wait until iOS 13 is finally released before I try to come up with any potential workarounds, so that I work with a somewhat stable iOS version rather than any of the ever-changing betas.

Finally, there's a chance I'll get around to switching to a small one-time fee instead of the subscription, if I find the time to do this.

Thank you for your support so far,